Application monitor widget problem...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the new update, I cannot seem to get the app monitor widget to work. If I add the widget, it does nothing even when tapping it. If I remove the widget, then every time I start my phone ( restart or cold boot), it says..."problem with application monitor and was not started". Has anyone had a problem?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I looked everywhere and don't even know what your talking about. What is the application monitor widget? I am completely clueless to what you are talking about. Is this a 3rd part app/widget. Because it isn't on my phone.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
No it's stock. Under widgets, it's "application monitor" 2x1. Looks exactly like the "assistive light" widget and "alarm" widget.

Its the widget that tells you whats running and able to kill the app. It was also on the S2.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm being an idiot. I think those might be part of HD widgets. I've had HD widgets since it came out and always install it before just about anything else with the phone. I'm gonna delete HD widgets and find out.If this is this case.....I'm going to change the thread name to "beat up on Gator352 day!"

onslaught460

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the new update, I cannot seem to get the app monitor widget to work. If I add the widget, it does nothing even when tapping it. If I remove the widget, then every time I start my phone ( restart or cold boot), it says..."problem with application monitor and was not started". Has anyone had a problem?

I had the same problem as well after the update. I don't use the program so I just uninstalled it. I'm not rooted or anything so I doubt it's a conflict with an app.

Reactions: Gator352

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
you must have downloaded it from the Samsung Apps program, because it's not stock on the S3... Anyway, no it's not working, Samsung will update it soon... You'll be able to find it via the Samsung Apps library once updated...

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It is a stock "Widget" with the S3 (another poster already explained where to find it if you are not familiar with Android or Samsung phones - you do not need to download it from Samsung.

I had the same problem with the widget after the update. I just deleted the widget and reinstalled it - so far so good.

I suggest that the "experts" do some research before bashing posters.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify, this widget is not in my current widgets either (I have upgraded manually to the LG8 upgrade) but I found it in the Samsung Apps application.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if the first few batches shipped had it pre-installed but the later batches was removed. Cause I distinctively remember adding and removing widgets before I installed any apps and it was one I placed on an empty screen. Plus, I uninstalled HD widgets and they are still there.

I also know you can get it from the samsung app market.

lemartymar13

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i remember getting it from the samsung app store. i un-installed it, after it stop working, but now it wont even let you re-install it from there.

guess the update broke it.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It is a stock "Widget" with the S3 (another poster already explained where to find it if you are not familiar with Android or Samsung phones - you do not need to download it from Samsung.

I had the same problem with the widget after the update. I just deleted the widget and reinstalled it - so far so good.

I was not bashing anyone. And no it was not loaded on my stock phone. I haven't removed a single app or widget from this phone since the day I got it. It wasn't and still isn't on my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator352 and mobdad

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Thanks for everyone's help but I got it working. I uninstalled then Samsung's application store let me reinstall it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It came from the Samsung App store. I had to uninstall and then reinstall after the latest update. Works fine now.

There's an app that was pre-installed called More Services. It takes you to Samsung's page in the Samsung App store. Here you'll find the photo editor app and a super nice video editor app as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

IT IS NOT STOCK, it's from the Samsung Apps Program. If your phone came pre-installed with it, that's another issue, but many here know it's not a stock widget... When you first get your phone if you updated the Samsung Apps Program it may auto-install, but not a single person I know with a stock S3 has that widget... Maybe you should learn to be respectful of people that "actually know" what they are talking about...

prissy427

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I FOUND IT!!!!! ok so I just got the galaxy 3 I had the galaxy 2 before and I was always monitoring my usage w/ the lil application monitor icon and whe I couldnt find it on the galaxy3 I freaked! but thankfully I found it by mistake because I was just pushing buttons and there it was! so here is how u find it I hope my explanation is clear...

press down on the home button (the only button on the face of the phone) it will then take you this screen w/ different apps and things, well at the bottom of that screen you will see a circle type
icon a g and a trash can.. click on the circl type icon and YAAAAAY WE FOUND IT!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs