Can't restart phone/Wrong Custom Rom

jelucas30

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
This might sound dumb to you all but I just recently got a Sprint Galaxy S 3, coming from the original Evo, and am new to Ice Cream Sandwitch. I recently tried to install a custom Rom, which i have a lot of experience in with the Evo, on my phone. Little did I know that in the forums that the Galaxy S 3 is seperated into five versions. The international, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. Or if I did I was too stupid think of it today.

What I did was I tried to install a custom Rom for the international version on my phone. It's called Revolution HD. I wiped factory, cache and Dalvik, and then I used a Revolution HD super wipe script that came with the Rom. So I'm assuming it wiped everything, including drivers for the phone. For some reason I pulled the battery after the initial install failed and now it won't turn back on at all. Not into recovery or anything. It's almost as if I don't have any power on the phone but everytime I plug it into the computer it tries to install drivers which always fails.

Does anyone know if there is a way to restore this, or it the phone a lost cause? If so I would really appreciate some help.:crying:':)(

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Can you get into download mode?

Make sure your phone is off (pull the battery for 5sec) and that it's not connected via USB.
Then press and hold Volume-Down, Home-Button (center) and Power.
(In that order)
When the logo appears, immediatly release the Power while still holding the other 2 until download mode appears.
If it does not work, make sure you haven't slipped off a button and repeat procedure a few times.

OR

1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to enter Download Mode.

If you can at least get download mode, it's not gonna be that bad to recover

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

jelucas30

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
This might sound dumb to you all but I just recently got a Sprint Galaxy S 3, coming from the original Evo, and am new to Ice Cream Sandwitch. I recently tried to install a custom Rom, which i have a lot of experience in with the Evo, on my phone. Little did I know that in the forums that the Galaxy S 3 is seperated into five versions. The international, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. Or if I did I was too stupid think of it today.

What I did was I tried to install a custom Rom for the international version on my phone. It's called Revolution HD. I wiped factory, cache and Dalvik, and then I used a Revolution HD super wipe script that came with the Rom. So I'm assuming it wiped everything, including drivers for the phone. For some reason I pulled the battery after the initial install failed and now it won't turn back on at all. Not into recovery or anything. It's almost as if I don't have any power on the phone but everytime I plug it into the computer it tries to install drivers which always fails. Does anyone know if there is a way to restore this, or it the phone a lost cause? If so I would really appreciate some help.:crying:':)(

Just wanted to update you guys. I finally gave up and went to the Sprint store and made up a lame excuse that I dropped my phone and that it wouldn't restart......:confused: Luckily they bought it because it was still within the first 14 days of purchase and I didn't have any visible damage or scratches to the phone at all. I appreciate all the qiuick responses, but all is good now!.!. Thanks.

Reactions: strabo231

sublimenal

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
strabo231 just wanted to say thank you, i made the stupid mistake of using the GSM toolkit on my sprint phone. Your instructions got me back to download mode, i was just trying to hit volume,down and power but did not release power.

Also for anyone that needs it, this is the stock rom for the galaxy s3 sprint that got me up and running. boot-stock-sprint-sph-l710.tar

Thanks again you saved me a head ache and maybe 100 bucks, im now rooted with the right version.

Reactions: strabo231

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
strabo231 just wanted to say thank you, i made the stupid mistake of using the GSM toolkit on my sprint phone. Your instructions got me back to download mode, i was just trying to hit volume,down and power but did not release power.

Also for anyone that needs it, this is the stock rom for the galaxy s3 sprint that got me up and running. boot-stock-sprint-sph-l710.tar

Thanks again you saved me a head ache and maybe 100 bucks, im now rooted with the right version.

Nice man ! Thanks for taking the time to post the resolution for people later on too. Glad you got it straight. :cool:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Damitux

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just saying, you got lucky and Sprint took your story. Hopefully they will just send it
to be reconditioned but, won't try to connect it and back trace it to you....which will
probably never happen.
The same thing happened to me back on TMobile and the original Galaxy Vibrant.
Got a new phone and said...thats it! I may root but NEVER going to change ROMS again!

BE CAREFUL when you are tinkering with these phone people because the folks in
the stores are getting smart and are less likely to fall for the "I don't know what happened"
line. Know what you are doing before you do it and don't brick you phones/computers.

Sorry for the RANT......As you were.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That's why I always come up with a logical story for what happened before I take my phone in. Plus the sprint techs at the stores where I live couldn't solve a problem if the answer was 2 inches from their face.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Not to be mean but...

If your going to root and install a custom rom, read. Then read it again. Find a from and make sure its the right rom for the right phone. Then make sure again. Then again if you have too. I understand mistakes are made but....

If you screw up your phone, deal with it. Buy a new one or wait till you have another upgrade. I'm tired of people screwing up their phones and lying to their carrier to get a new one. It only hurts the rest of us in higher prices, and higher insurance costs. Soon it will be that they will make absolutely sure that no one can root.

With that said, glad it worked out for you.

Last edited:

wigunowner

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing first day I had the phone. It is s hard lesson in being careful and reading everything carefully.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You're in a forum dedicated to the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3. I doubt anyone here knows anything about your Lenovo phone. And the process and files necessary to fix it will be completely different than for Samsung. Sorry.

Maybe one of these links will have some information that will help: lenovo A390 ROM - Bing

Yogesh Suthar

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
friends and experts need your help ...
i have galaxy grand duos GT I9082
i wanted to install xperia z rom in my phone but by mistakenly i intalled rom for s3 in my grand and now its stucked on samsung galaxy grand duos GT I9082 thing its not going further ...
please tell me what to do ...:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze