Text notifications not showing

dentz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
My Sprint S3 is not showing the text notifications. I recently installed Google Voice and wonder if anyone has the same issue and if it may be related to that.

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
are you using the stock messaging app, and if so, have you gone into the settings to verify the auto retrieve setting is enabled? Did this only start with the install of GV? Sprint has built in integration with GV where when you install it, you have two options, use the GV number as your all in one number, or, keep your regular number/GV number separate. Which option did you choose when installing? Uninstall GV and check Sprint's website for full details on Sprint's GV integration with your phone so you know what option to use when installing..

dentz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it started with Google voice. If I use the Google Voice as a messaging app I get the notifications. But one thing about the google voice is that it does not show attachments like pictures. So I was trying to use google voice for voice messages and the stock messenger for texts.

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it started with Google voice. If I use the Google Voice as a messaging app I get the notifications. But one thing about the google voice is that it does not show attachments like pictures. So I was trying to use google voice for voice messages and the stock messenger for texts.

ya then when you installed it you setup GV to be your all in one on your phone... go to sprints website and do a search for GV and you'll find a link where it explains the two options you have when installing it on your phone. If you pick GV to be your all in one, your stock messaging app won't have notifications like before, so read up on it and choose what method best works for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude