- 96 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing lag with their Galaxy S3?
These are the specific instances where I notice lag:
1. After being in a couple apps and hitting the home button, the Time/weather widget and google search widget on my home screen 'reload'. They literally disappear for about half a second and then reappear.
2. Playing 'Temple Run' is choppy. In certain parts it will stutter and controls are not as responsive. Never happened on my galaxy s2.
3. Playing Scrambled with Friends. Going from screen to screen e.g finishing a game to counting scores to current game list is laggy. About 2-3 second wait times between each. Did not happen on my galaxy S2.
4. Moving between home screens is a tad bit laggy. I do have a live wallpaper (luminous dots) but shouldn't be a big deal. However, when I use the default wallpaper this issue does not occur.
Anyone have any ideas or tips to decrease lag? I'm not worried about battery life.
Last edited by folarino; 08-07-2012 at 01:15 PM.
- 08-07-2012, 01:08 PM #2
Re: Laggy S3
I am having lag issues as well. On Handcent it lags actually pretty bad sometimes and takes like 2 seconds AFTER I click on someone for it to go to that thread. And sometimes it's just really randomly laggy when I'm using my phone throughout the day...
- 08-07-2012, 11:19 PM #3
- 08-08-2012, 05:03 PM #4
- 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM #5
- 08-08-2012, 09:31 PM #6
- 08-09-2012, 08:47 AM #7
It depends on a lot of things as to why it might be laggy for you. Do you ever run power save mode? I know your not concerned but that can cause lag or slowness.
It also depends on what you have running and also if you use different launchers. Mine only reloads the home screen if I clear ram since that closes nova and nova launcher has to re open. Once it's open I can go in and out of apps and home screens without lag.
Now these aren't all the factors but it depends on a number of things. Mine is currently smooth as butter and I multitask all day at work (streaming music, texting, Web browsing, emailing, etc.)
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central ForumsSent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
- 08-09-2012, 02:32 PM #8
- 02-09-2013, 09:04 PM #9
- 02-10-2013, 07:16 PM #10"I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
"Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
New users, click here!!
Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 184.108.40.206