1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Stock Clock / Weather Widget Question

On every other Andriod device I have owned (Hero, Photon, Evo4g) the stock clock / weather widget would update your current location and time. If I shut the phone down in, say, Boston and turned it on in Phoenix it would update the location. As my GS3 is still new to me I did this very thing last night. The lock screen clock had the right time, but the clock widget and weather still said Boston. In the settings you can check the box for current location but it only looks for it when you update it manually. Am I missing something here? Btw the phone is awesome!

Thanks for the help in advance!

jtfire
    Retired Ambassador

Good question... However I never travel so I haven't been able to test it. I would think that should be a basic function. Just for grins, have you checked the settings in location services?
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 08-10-2012 at 05:29 AM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Default Re: Stock Clock / Weather Widget Question

I recently had to travel, by car, from FL to MT and back. Yeah, fun. Anyway, I had the same issue. I couldn't even get the location to update if refreshed it. I finally gave up and went back to Beautiful Widgets.

I had this same problem with my GS2. It worked flawless for the first 2 weeks then BOOM! It stopped. Never was able to get it to work again unless I did a factory reset. Only then did it work....for two weeks....

So I use HD widgets. Works like a champ.

ROM
    MOAR 9

I notice if I tap the widget, it goes to another screen, then I menu click or left click and choose settings. There is a setting there for auto refresh and I choose the lowest one , 1 hour. Seems I can only get it to refresh every hour. At least it is an update though.
    Last edited by Super Dave426; 08-10-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    Galaxy S3 running MOAR Official v9.0. 50+ Mods Morphology 3.9.14

David