Error when trying to download app or update app from Play store

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Error when trying to download app or update app from Play sto

I had this problem too. Just sign out of your Google account and then go to the Play store and it will prompt you to sign in. Sign in and it should be fixed.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

If the post above doesn't work you can also try clearing data in Google framework.

Funny, that is what caused this issue for me. I cleared the framework data to get the latest update that was never pushed to my phone. After that, I started getting the error in Play.

deadday

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Funny, that is what caused this issue for me. I cleared the framework data to get the latest update that was never pushed to my phone. After that, I started getting the error in Play.

I suspect this was the cause of my trouble as well....stupid question here, how do i log out of my google account..

deadday

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

New development, the Play Store locks up now when I try to openit.

deadday

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Ok, cleared the framework data, still getting errors...

Now I'm getting error processing purchase, DF-BPA-13....wtf?

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, cleared the framework data, still getting errors...

Now I'm getting error processing purchase, DF-BPA-13....wtf?

Try going into account and sync in the settings. You should be able to remove accounts from there.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I was getting that error but with a 9 instead of 13 after I rooted/ROM'd. I cleared data, unsynced and re-synced my gmail and then rebooted. Seems to be working fine now. The same apps that kept giving me the errors downloaded fine afterwards.

JimHuff

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

I started having the problem when I flashed the Wicked Sensations Rom. I tried all the reported solutions to no avail. There was an app I really wanted so I wiped everything and flashed another rom (JellyBomb). I was able to download the app I wanted and added it to my Titanium backup. Then I wiped everything and flashed Wicked Sensations. The Titanium restore was successful and I now have the app, but still have the original problem downloading free apps.

So, the question is...'What's the difference in the PlayStore (Market) functions in these 2 roms...and can the app be pulled from JellyBomb to replace the one in Wicked Sensations?'

[excuse me if this is a dumb question, but I'm new at this.].

I will also add that Wicked Sensations is great!

Last edited:

JimHuff

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Well, since the trouble was in Google Play, I went there to the help section and it turns out this was a known issue. Following the instructions on the following link, I turned on Google Talk and Wallet in order to migrate to the new Google Apps Infrastructure:

Receiving 'Purchasing is not available for this account' Error

That seemed to solve my problem, except for the fact that I did not want to use Talk or Wallet.

Reactions: Skunkape60

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Strange that I was hit with this error this morning. I've already bought apps without issues, and was trying to upgrade my Juice Defender when this happened. Thanks to this thread, removing my Google accounts, and re-adding them, followed by re-entering my CC info....we're back to yay! :D

ucsbleo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Strange that I was hit with this error this morning. I've already bought apps without issues, and was trying to upgrade my Juice Defender when this happened. Thanks to this thread, removing my Google accounts, and re-adding them, followed by re-entering my CC info....we're back to yay! :D

Had the same issue. Just removed my google account and re-added it. Works great!