Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Notification Ringtone Issues

    Ok, I have my ringtones set but for some odd reason, whenever I get a text message it cuts off. Like it will play the tone but it will stop as if a button was pressed. Everything else works fine (e.g. gmail, facebook, twitter, etc.) How do I fix it so it will play the whole ringtone?
  2. #2  
    krocadile1's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    ROM
    Deck's 1.3d

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    Unless it stops before 30 seconds then I don't know what the problem could be. But usually phones will only play tones for 30 seconds even if the tone is meant to be longer.
  3. #3  
    frohoss's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    Here is a thread on your issue. I and several others have the same issue. No fix yet that I am aware of yet.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by frohoss View Post
    Here is a thread on your issue. I and several others have the same issue. No fix yet that I am aware of yet.
    My notification tone just says "DROID" (like the Motorola Droid tone) it says Droi--- then stops.

    Quote Originally Posted by krocadile1 View Post
    Unless it stops before 30 seconds then I don't know what the problem could be. But usually phones will only play tones for 30 seconds even if the tone is meant to be longer.
    I haven't noticed it low at first and Thanks.
  5. #5  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,560 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    You get the cut off notification sounds if you have set a limit to how many text messages you want to keep. If it's set on 500 for example and you already have 500 on your phone, then the phone deletes a text when it receives the next one which causes the shortening of the notification sound.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    You get the cut off notification sounds if you have set a limit to how many text messages you want to keep. If it's set on 500 for example and you already have 500 on your phone, then the phone deletes a text when it receives the next one which causes the shortening of the notification sound.
    Really? is that only for the GS3 or is that for all phones because I have never experienced it on any of my other devices.
  7. #7  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,560 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    Apparently it's a GS3 thing. Mine does the same thing. I limited mine to 500 but honestly I never paid attention how many texts are in a conversation. It could be that the phone may delete several at a time which makes the occurrence of these cut off notification sounds so irregular. I use a short tone, so it doesn't bother me one bit.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    Turn off auto delete under your sms settings. Once your conversation thread gets up in number of messages, its checking to see if it is exceeding the 200 limit, and interupts the ringtone. Uncheck it and you should be all set.
  9. #9  
    bart001's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    Mines doing the same thing.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    Hey just letting you know mine is having this same problem. The unchecking delete old messages will work, but considering I like being able to see recent text conversations without deleting them all in one chunk, what's the maximum amount of texts you would recommend before deleting?
  11. #11  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Notification Ringtone Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by rtriche View Post
    Hey just letting you know mine is having this same problem. The unchecking delete old messages will work, but considering I like being able to see recent text conversations without deleting them all in one chunk, what's the maximum amount of texts you would recommend before deleting?
    I don't save any text for longer than a day or two. So i have never seen this issue.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Posting Permissions

B