Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Auto Answer on my S3.....Please help?

Go to" s voice " then open "settings" then open "application control". There you will find the disable option.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ntchwaidumela and John Lester like this.

This worked for me, thanks.

Omg! This happens to me all the time on my galaxy 3s and its drivng me nuts. Its quite a dangerous situation and highly irritating. I can't find how to turn this off also. My phone always answers itself. Its weird to have peoole listen in on your conversations. I looked everywhere on this phone, and finally resorted to this forum. If you have found a solution, please respond with an answer. Otherwise I will have to go to the cell phone store to have them fix it.

Changing certain settings will, unfortunately, not fix the problem.

This is a full-fledged bug.

However, good news is, I know what causes the bug, and thus how you can prevent it from happening in the future. I suspect that most of you are experiencing the same bug.

The bug happens when I use speakerphone on a phone call and hang up with speakerphone enabled. The next time someone calls me, it auto-answers.

My solution has been to not use speakerphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigette LaPointe View Post
    Omg! This happens to me all the time on my galaxy 3s and its drivng me nuts. Its quite a dangerous situation and highly irritating. I can't find how to turn this off also. My phone always answers itself. Its weird to have peoole listen in on your conversations. I looked everywhere on this phone, and finally resorted to this forum. If you have found a solution, please respond with an answer. Otherwise I will have to go to the cell phone store to have them fix it.
    Did you try what's described in post #26, two above yours?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Let us know if that works. If not I will try a dig up something as well.

I was able to find a setting that allowed the phone it auto answer if there is a headset plugged in. I don't know if that includes a bluetooth headset...

Open your phone dialer tap the menu button then call settings / accessory settings / automatic answering
    Yes, it does apply to BT devices.

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Brigette LaPointe View Post
    Have you tried the solutions offered in the thread?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Thumbs up Re: Auto Answer on my S3.....Please help?

I believe this was it! it's in the S-Voice Settings Menu, not the main settings, not the call settings. So freakin annoying it happened again today and I was determined to figure it out! So embarrassing!

Thank you! If this isn't it, I will definitely post again, but I did everything the former posts said and nothing helped. Thank you again. Maria
    Thanked by:

Yea! Fixed it!
    Opened s-voice, settings, voice controls, UNCHECK incoming calls
    Thanks everyone!

This worked! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

If you have 'Call Settings > Accessory settings for calls > Automatic answering' turned on, and you have a cordless phone (like the Panasonic KXTG7643M) that links with your cell phone to allow you to make and receive calls through your cell phone, your cell phone will automatically answer calls whenever it's connected to your cordless phone system, because it does so via bluetooth. Even though the setting at 'Call Settings > Accessory settings for calls > Automatic answering' says 'Automatic answering only operates with a connected headset', it unfortunately does not know the difference between a headset and any other bluetooth device.

you have to change your settings in s- voice! this was driving me crazy! they're I'd an option under voice commands in your e-book settings to auto answer your calls. uncheck that and you are good to go!

I see a lot of people saying this is a bug. It is not. It is a feature of the Galaxy.

I have the Note 2 with this problem and tried all what has been suggested, still auto answers calls.
    I am frustrated

Cool Re: Auto Answer on my S3.....Please help?

OMG Dude! I have been trying to figure this out for days!!! My Galaxy S4 must come with that as a setting already. I was having fits trying to figure out why my phone would answer automatically if I was using a Bluetooth.

Thank you for that information. I am glad I kept searching the web.

Bob Zeis
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12