LTE/CDMA.....

kgonzalez16

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Should I set my preferred network to LTE/CDMA or CDMA? I live in Orlando and the Sprint LTE hasn't been released yet so is there really a reason to have it active?

I am trying do everything possible to save battery life and was curious about this.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Should I set my preferred network to LTE/CDMA or CDMA? I live in Orlando and the Sprint LTE hasn't been released yet so is there really a reason to have it active?

I am trying do everything possible to save battery life and was curious about this.

If you don't have LTE in your area it would be a waste to leave it going with no chance of connecting.

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
For what it is worth, I have mine set for LTE/CDMA as an experiment to hopefully catch the LTE towers when they turn on in the DC area. Surprisingly, I have noted NO decrease in battery life in this dual mode. I really can't get over how well the battery lasts on this phone. With my HTC EVO 4G I had to have it plugged into the car charger (even with a new battery) if I made calls or used navigation as those two things would chew up battery life. But the battery and performance of the S3 just lasts and lasts and lasts - I make long phone calls via blue tooth driving between offices and use navigation and the battery hardly moves - this is a truly amazing device - I don't even use my car charger anymore.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
For what it is worth, I have mine set for LTE/CDMA as an experiment to hopefully catch the LTE towers when they turn on in the DC area. Surprisingly, I have noted NO decrease in battery life in this dual mode. I really can't get over how well the battery lasts on this phone. With my HTC EVO 4G I had to have it plugged into the car charger (even with a new battery) if I made calls or used navigation as those two things would chew up battery life. But the battery and performance of the S3 just lasts and lasts and lasts - I make long phone calls via blue tooth driving between offices and use navigation and the battery hardly moves - this is a truly amazing device - I don't even use my car charger anymore.

It's like the energizer bunny! With navigation of coarse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira