What will happen to S-Voice When the S3 gets Jelly Bean?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
While their nowhere near official, I haven't seen a custom rom yet, where both work together. It's either one or the other.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope it is gone forever. It belongs in the pits of hell.

"Call Alex"
Did you say: Carl rabbit?
"No!"
"Call Alex"
Did you say kah Abbott
"Nooooooo!"

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
While their nowhere near official, I haven't seen a custom rom yet, where both work together. It's either one or the other.

Eh. You might be right. But I think it will still be there like now, you have a choice to either use Google speech to text or Samsung by vlingo speech to text. I know Svoice is a different kinda beast than the STT I mentioned but they are both there. Besides, Svoice is Sammy's new toy to combat siri so on the official JB release, I think Svoice or both will be there.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope it is gone forever. It belongs in the pits of hell.

"Call Alex"
Did you say: Carl rabbit?
"No!"
"Call Alex"
Did you say kah Abbott
"Nooooooo!"

Honestly I don't have this problem. For me it works like a charm. The only problem I have with it is when I use my bluetooth. Sometimes it takes 2 minutes for it to actually acknowledge what I said and call the person but it still works.

vcreecher

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I read an article, somewhere online, that with the JB update S-Voice is being improved upon. With the update making it more reliable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I read an article, somewhere online, that with the JB update S-Voice is being improved upon. With the update making it more reliable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I actually wouldn't mind and kind of combination with Google now making it ultimately superior than all assistants. If Touch wiz screwed it up though I'd be pissed

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on jb touchwiz and voice is still there kinda sucks double tapping home button doesn't open Google now instead it opens voice... Hopefully there will be a mod for it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

nerys71

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
the LIJ leak was very unstable for me and a battery pig. I just installed the LIH leak and MUCH improved. not one crash yet and much improved battery life but it breaks S Voice. I can not program a custom command anymore and sometimes it just freaks out and I have to reboot.

what I want is for the "command" to "ALWAYS" be active with no "svoice app" filling my screen.

when it needs to show me stuff "bubble" it temporarily on the screen to then fade away. that would be nice.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there was EVER a LIJ leak :)

My guess is there will be voice commands in the future without the dreaded S-Voice. Many of the voice commands are already in Google Now. (Text, set alarm, call, to name a few)

You can disable the double home tap to access S-voice in the menu of S-voice. This will also make the single home tap snappier. And a long hold on the menu button brings up Google Now. Also a long hold of the home button plus a tap on the G does the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle