Sprint Jelly Bean

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Given the fact that Softbank is trying to acquire a 70% stake and (Sprint) will use most of the $$ to upgrade its networks....(should the merger get approved!)....Id say it will be awhile......and given the fact that here in Seattle most of Sprints crappy 3g phone service runs on Clear's (formerly Clearwire) WI-MAX network.....and sofar both sides have indicated they want nothing to do w/ Clear even though Sprint holds about 40% of Clear Stock I'd say we are in for a long wait for anything.....cause me thinks Sprint is EFFING BROKE! in more ways than one!

OK... This is a very misinformed post.

First, Sprint and Clear don't share towers. Clearwire hosts Wimax on its own towers, separate of any of Sprint's networks. That's one of the biggest reasons Clear's deployment sucked. They didn't plan for enough towers.

Second, I don't know where you heard neither side wanted anything to do with each other, but your source was way wrong. Sprint just bought out a majority stake in Clearwire. They now own 50.8% of Clearwire.

Third, Network Vision deployment is accelerating for almost every market. A lot of 3rd and 4th round markets have had their deployment schedules quickened, even before the SoftBank deal. And after the deal goes through, the upgrades can move even faster.

Please do some research before spouting off garbage next time. Thanks.

droid976

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
OK... This is a very misinformed post.

First, Sprint and Clear don't share towers. Clearwire hosts Wimax on its own towers, separate of any of Sprint's networks. That's one of the biggest reasons Clear's deployment sucked. They didn't plan for enough towers.

Second, I don't know where you heard neither side wanted anything to do with each other, but your source was way wrong. Sprint just bought out a majority stake in Clearwire. They now own 50.8% of Clearwire.

Third, Network Vision deployment is accelerating for almost every market. A lot of 3rd and 4th round markets have had their deployment schedules quickened, even before the SoftBank deal. And after the deal goes through, the upgrades can move even faster.

Please do some research before spouting off garbage next time. Thanks.

misinformed?.....not according to SEC fillings and everything the Seattle Times has reported on this over the past few years......Most of the Sprint 4g network here in Seattle is Clearwires network!
Sprint actually has no 4g Service here in Western WA other than Clearwires WI-MAX network! this is verified by Sprints coverage maps as well!

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
misinformed?.....not according to SEC fillings and everything the Seattle Times has reported on this over the past few years......Most of the Sprint 4g network here in Seattle is Clearwires network!
Sprint actually has no 4g Service here in Western WA other than Clearwires WI-MAX network! this is verified by Sprints coverage maps as well!

Ummm... ALL of Sprint's 4G network in Seattle is Clearwire's network. I don't know what you're trying to say here. In the first post, you were angry that Sprint's 3G network in Seattle is hosted by Clearwire, which is not true. Clearwire only hosts Sprint's Wimax network, which you seem to know already, so I really have no idea what you're arguing about now.
Sprint has been planning on building out an LTE-Advanced network with Clearwire since the Wimax debacle. They're gearing up to roll it out in the next year or so. Things have gotten ugly between Sprint and Clearwire in the past, but I don't think either company ever planned to abandon each other. Clear's spectrum is too valuable for Sprint to give up, and Clear needs Sprint's network-building abilities. It just wouldn't make sense for them to split up.

droid976

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well thanks to Skunks posting of the manual update thread I got Jelly Bean but i did have to redo all my data and apps....no prob as I took screen shots of my contact info and put them on my computer first (on a hunch) seems to be going ok so far just been running around making minor tweaks as to what I like and or want....

Me thinks Sprint is going to try to work on its image and such w/ the upcoming Softbank merger they want to put themselves in a market to compete w/ Verizon and AT&T for market share.....T-Mo is trying this as well by offering unlimited data......me thinks as more data networks come online it just might drive AT&T & Verizon to rethink their greedy data cap strategies......but then again when I was looking @ getting my Galaxy S3 I might want to get in before Sprint closed this window....only time will tell on this

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a way to change the icons on the shade? I'll never use screen rotation, but right now I'm always using the volume changer or airplane mode. Would love to be switch those out.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a way to change the icons on the shade? I'll never use screen rotation, but right now I'm always using the volume changer or airplane mode. Would love to be switch those out.

You will most likely need to root and install a modded or themed ui.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Some things I have noticed since updating to JB:

• Universal Search is back with Google Now :cool:
  • Live wallpaper for the lock screen
  • Can create folders in the app drawer

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone verify whether the OTA/official update to JB affects the audio out and charging in docks? There is some concern that JB changes the pin configuration and thus doesnt charge or export audio with existing docks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams