Sprint Jelly Bean

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could be weeks, or months.. All depends on how long Sprint feels they need to run tests on the OS to satisfy their requirements. Going off Sprint & Sammys combined past history of updates, it maybe a while.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe by Christmas? I wouldn't even blink at not getting it until after the new year.

Sent from my GS3

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice to have some jellybeans for dessert after my thanksgiving dinner :)

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has been keeping the phone up to date so far. I don't think it will be too long.
This is normal Sprint/Sammy new phone coverage... They did the same with the earlier Galaxy S lineup, first few months pushing out maintenance updates/fixes/patches but when it came to waiting at that time upgrading from Eclair to Froyo it took a long time before Sprint finally approved a finished build. Once it was approved and pushed out it lasted only a few days then it was pulled for issues, updated/patched and released a month later.

So why everyone hopes to get JB quickly I will be really surprised if it does happen fast considering past history.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
The International announcement is a good start, the fact that JB is finally really on its way is pretty awesome..............there's been a good dose of development already (+ even more to come,) so getting official Jellybean is a big plus.........it'll be here eventually, it'll be worth it when it does!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This is normal Sprint/Sammy new phone coverage... They did the same with the earlier Galaxy S lineup, first few months pushing out maintenance updates/fixes/patches but when it came to waiting at that time upgrading from Eclair to Froyo it took a long time before Sprint finally approved a finished build. Once it was approved and pushed out it lasted only a few days then it was pulled for issues, updated/patched and released a month later.

So why everyone hopes to get JB quickly I will be really surprised if it does happen fast considering past history.

LOL. And I remember all the whining that went on... Oh My God! Another day went by without my update!!!! OMG Samsung is the worst... OMG Sprint is even worse than Samsung. I'll NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG!!! I'll NEVER BUY ANOTHER SPRINT PHONE!!!

:D

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
galaxy s2 fix for ics coming out already. 3 modem updates. Normal procedure or not I say we get JB fast and probably before any other US carrier

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
galaxy s2 fix for ics coming out already. 3 modem updates. Normal procedure or not I say we get JB fast and probably before any other US carrier

It was because of the ICS update to my S2 that pushed me to go ahead and get the S3. I got the update and it borked, or shall I say...BORKED quite a few things including my batt life. It wasn't terrible but noticable in every sense of the word. Apps didn't work/load right, multiple force closures....anywho....I hope we get JB soon, but I want it to work, not half baked.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression that the carriers are the ones who request the update from the manufacturers. So I would say that Sprint will want to have their flagship phone updated to Jelly Bean.

I think that it will be easier to get the phone updated to JB from ICS than it is going from GB to ICS. Right now, ICS is running great so I want Sprint to take their time and have a smooth JB update. I know several people who are really having battery issues on the S2 ICS update.

I read that Google is cracking down on the leaks because the carriers are getting too many complaints from users who flash leaked builds so Sprint and the other carriers may not be tolerating the leaks ROMS like they have in the past. So we may not know anything until Sprint posts the update.

TBH I think we will have the JB update by Christmas at the latest which is not that far away.

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
CDMA carriers are the worse when it comes to updates.. Knowing Sprint it might be a while.. not longer than VZW

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It took almost a solid seven months for the GS2 to get ICS so I'm thinking early 2013 for the GS3 to get JB.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think we will see the update before the end of the year. Maybe before Thanksgiving. But after this update, it will be a while before we another big update, if we get another. I think the GS3 is able to get updated to Key Lime or whatever the next one is. But that's a whole other discussion which would take up another thread.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1