Galaxy S3 Questions - CM9/CM10/TouchWiz

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded from a decrepit old LG Optimus S to a Galaxy S3 - very impressed with the phone, very fast and tons of real-estate compared to my Optimus.

How good is CM9 on the GS3? Do you lose any of the features from the phone (Voice activation & the camera checking to see if you are still reading the phone to prevent screen shutdown are the two biggies i really like).

Same with CM10 - i know it isnt fully realized/stable yet, but does CM support some of the unique features of the GS3?

I've already rooted it (man, was that easy as pie compared to my old LG) for WiFi hotspot purposes.

Also, is there any way on the stock TouchWiz UI to change the damn droplet sound to something less annoying?

Thanks,

T

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just upgraded from a decrepit old LG Optimus S to a Galaxy S3 - very impressed with the phone, very fast and tons of real-estate compared to my Optimus.

How good is CM9 on the GS3? Do you lose any of the features from the phone (Voice activation & the camera checking to see if you are still reading the phone to prevent screen shutdown are the two biggies i really like).

Same with CM10 - i know it isnt fully realized/stable yet, but does CM support some of the unique features of the GS3?

I've already rooted it (man, was that easy as pie compared to my old LG) for WiFi hotspot purposes.

Also, is there any way on the stock TouchWiz UI to change the damn droplet sound to something less annoying?

Thanks,

T

You lose all of the features with both cm9 and cm10 and neither are faster than the ICS touchwiz roms.

Do what most people do... turn off the touch sounds...

Reactions: Coloneltetsuya
May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, while i prefer the look of CM/Stock Android, TouchWiz is certainly livable, and i REALLY like the screen shutoff prevention feature and the voice activation... more than i want access to the UI speed boosts in Jelly Bean.

I *also* really like sound feedback from presses, which is why i dont just shut them off - i just really hate that 'BWOOP' sound and would like to replace it with something else.

thanks, though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908