Force Roam App

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I came from the sprint optimus s, that someone made a app to force roaming when not able to get good service.

Is there anything like that for the new Galaxy S3?

At work theres really bad service, and i would like to force my phone into roam

tfbrown69

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Supported Phones

HTC phones on the Sprint network (unrooted and rooted)
Rooted Samsung phones on the Sprint network
Note: The Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC EVO LTE are not supported at this moment, sorry!!
Rooted Nexus S 4G on the Sprint network
Rooted Motorola phones on the Sprint network
May support rooted HTC and Samsung phones on other CDMA networks
Note: May lock you into roaming with Samsung phones on US Cellular, email me for details.

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
this app works great, Im in a place where i normally go in and out of roam, and i forced it to roam, and now im sitting at full 3g roam bars. No more battery drain. Just have to remember to put the phone back in auto when out of the roam area. Definately worth buying

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Roam Control | Making Android phones usable since 2010

They took it out of the play store.
It probably violated some sort of obscure rule.
I can see how sprint wouldn't want people forcing their phones to use another network. That's gotta cost sprint $$ somehow.

EDIT: It says on the website "Note: The Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC EVO LTE are not supported at this moment, sorry!!", so I dunno

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Roam Control | Making Android phones usable since 2010

They took it out of the play store.
It probably violated some sort of obscure rule.
I can see how sprint wouldn't want people forcing their phones to use another network. That's gotta cost sprint $$ somehow.

EDIT: It says on the website "Note: The Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC EVO LTE are not supported at this moment, sorry!!", so I dunno

It worked for me but the Verizon 3g is just as slow as Sprint. I got 120 kbs on both

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I finally downloaded this and paid for it yesterday, because I get basically no sprint reception in my office. But after forcing roam, I don't get any reception at all. I might be experiencing the problem described here:

My phone does not get any signal when in “roam only” mode. | Roam Control

▶ My phone does not get any signal when in “roam only” mode.
Chances are you have a Samsung phone. Samsung phones have different behavior - when in "roam only", they only roam on the 800mhz frequency band. There are areas in the US that are 1900mhz only, which means that Samsung phones will not get a signal in those areas.

Has anyone had success using this app in the Chicago area?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just saw a video that lets you force roam the sprint note 2 and gs3 without being rooted. There are a couple steps but they are easy. Checkout qbking77 website or youtube channel. Going to try it later today. At least it will work without rooting since I'm not doing it yet.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Just saw a video that lets you force roam the sprint note 2 and gs3 without being rooted. There are a couple steps but they are easy. Checkout qbking77 website or youtube channel. Going to try it later today. At least it will work without rooting since I'm not doing it yet.

I tried his method and not having any luck, not even sure it is working fully, I wrote this over on his ytube channel:

It took a few tries to get the PRL to say 1337 in the About Device Status, but got it there. I notice the network still reads "Sprint" and Roaming reads "Not roaming" on that same status page. I still only get a slip 1 to 3 bars on my GN2. What do you think is going on?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if there's an app out there anywhere that will work on a non-rooted Galaxy S3?

Thanks!!

I would say there is no app that can force roam for a non rooted phone since it messes with the cell connection.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Roam Control works for me around Washington, DC. Only real problem is that in those spots where Sprint has a lousy signal, Verizon isn't much better.

view9234

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's the problem with Roam Control and the Galaxy S3, it doesn't actually 'force roam' the device. What it does is block the PCS band (aka 1900mhz) so the phone is forced to search the 800mhz band that Verizon uses. The problem is that, in many metro areas, Verizon doesn't deploy 3G at 800mhz, so you're likely only going to get 1x data.

There must be some way to change the roam setting on a rooted GS3, right?!?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2