Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock FF18

Default "Creaking" sounds from back cover

So I got my Galaxy S3 last week and I've been loving it. However, lately I've noticed that when applying slight pressure to certain areas of the back cover (by the charging port, and in the upper left and right corners), the phone makes a plasticky creaking noise. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there any way to fix it or do I need to buy a new OEM cover?

Default Re: "Creaking" sounds from back cover

First, make sure the cover is completely seated. If you still get those creaking noises, take it back to the Sprint store and have them check it. If there's something wrong with the cover, you won't have to buy one. It's still under factory warranty.

Yep, I would take it back as stated above. But maybe if you put a cover on it the creaks will go away. Just a thought.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

For the short term, you can fold a dollar bill and put it under the cover. That should snug it up and stop the creaking.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock FF18

How long do I have to bring the phone in and have them replace the back under factory warranty? And how do I make sure the back is completely "seated"?

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TouchWizard View Post
    How long do I have to bring the phone in and have them replace the back under factory warranty? And how do I make sure the back is completely "seated"?
    Press all around the edge to make sure every contact point is snapped in place. Believe it or not, I've thought mine was in place and it wasn't - (SGS2) and would creak until I snapped in that last point. And I change my battery OFTEN.

Global Posts
    4,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine did that too. A strip of masking tape fixed it for me.

Be glad this isn't an Apple forum. The OP would just be told he's holding it wrong and it would be locked from further discussion.