Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By epic210
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default How do I hide pictures I don't want just anyone that pics up my phone to see?

On my old evo phone all I had to do was to rename the photo with a (period) in front of it and it would hide the photo in my pictures, I think ?.Its been so long. I tried it on the GS3 and it did hide it in MY FILES but it still shows in the gallery. Do I have to put them in a folder and then a period first in folder name??? Thank you for your help.

Default Re: How do I hide pictures I don't want just anyone that pics up my phone to see?

There's an app called keepsafe that will hide it with a password. It just renames the photos so it's not something that will hide it from a determined snooper.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: How do I hide pictures I don't want just anyone that pics up my phone to see?

I use hide it pro it's free and u can hide anything from apps to pics even videos. In the app draw it will show up as audio manager. Easy to set up and you have the choice of two different password setup.

I password-protect the handset so my pictures, text messages, files, music & bank apps are all kept away from prying eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewby85 View Post
    On my old evo phone all I had to do was to rename the photo with a (period) in front of it and it would hide the photo in my pictures, I think ?.Its been so long. I tried it on the GS3 and it did hide it in MY FILES but it still shows in the gallery. Do I have to put them in a folder and then a period first in folder name??? Thank you for your help.
    You can make a folder on your SD card. When you name the folder, put a dot in front of the name. That keeps the pictures from showing up in the gallery.

You can take a look at Photo Locker. Like what its name says, it hide your photos from the main gallery, encrypt and lock them up in the app. You can even hide the app icon and then launch the app via 2 other methods that only you know since nobody knows that the app even exists.

Haha, I'm glad I came upon this thread. Some of these apps will come in handy from my girlfriend.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Ok so I renamed my folder with a dot in front, but now I cannot find the folder! Help please!

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Open My Files app, select Settings and then check Show Hidden Files

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rando911,
    I followed your advice,but still can't find the file?