1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 syncing?

Hi,
    I've literally just made the move from iOS to android and i'm loving it! however, i'm very novice with this software so please dont shoot me if a thread like this has been started before.
    Anyway, heres the situation, I have a macbook air running mountain lion and my now beloved S3, I knew when i bought it that it wouldn't sync as easy as the 4S did, nut i didnt realise it would be this much of a pain! it wont show in finder at all, i tried a few different apps such as easy phone sync, android file transfer etc but nothing seemed to find my phone. I finally downloaded Kies and it works, sort of, I've created photo albums via keys, video albums and playlists but when i select sync it just throws all the photos into "camera" all the music syncs on my phone but not in any playlists and videos dont transfer at all. Can anybody help or recommend settings etc? What i'd like to do is either sync directly with iTunes and iPhoto but if its not possible i'd be happy creating new albums another way and syncing them from there.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Galaxy S3 syncing?

Try AirDroid also see this thread....

Connecting S3 to mac

Welcome to Android!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:

Welcome former iOS user!
    Thanked by:

I've found doubletwist along with their air sync app works incredible syncing with iTunes.
    Have you downloaded the android file transfer program? It works pretty good letting you put what you want like pics on the phone or external SD

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll give DoubleTwist a try now and I've tried android file transfer but it doesn't find my SIII in camera or media mode. I just assumed it wasn't compatible with OS X 10.8 :S
    Thanks for the welcomes by the way, it seems a lot more friendly here than MacRumors!
    Retired Ambassador

This place is alot friendlier than many forums. And most of the folks here try to help when they can.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Danburns View Post
    I'll give DoubleTwist a try now and I've tried android file transfer but it doesn't find my SIII in camera or media mode. I just assumed it wasn't compatible with OS X 10.8 :S
    Thanks for the welcomes by the way, it seems a lot more friendly here than MacRumors!
    If I remember right, wish I was at my computer right now but when you connect your phone using the android file transfer. There should be two modes you can choose from. One being being for the sd cards and the other treats tour phone as a connected camera.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It;s nit working for me, i find AirDroid works well for now until i can find an app that syncs the things i want it to. Thanks for the advice and help :-)

I like AirDroid a lot. I tried DoubleTwist and have it, but don't use it at all. Since I don't have to sync a lot of files (I mostly stream Spotify), AirDroid works very well for my needs.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX