GNEX w/Jelly Bean or Stick w/Galaxy S III

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Looking for opinions. I came to the Sprint Galaxy S3 off-contract (got a new one on eBay for a sweet deal) after I used my upgrade on the Galaxy Nexus. I got the extended battery for the GNEX (2100 mA) and recently went back to it for the JB upgrade. Got the upgrade and it is sweet, but battery life sucked so I came back to my S3 and am trying to decide which one. The current news is that the S3 may not see JB until December or January 2013. Would you go back to the GNEX with sweet JB or stick with the S3, which with ICS is still a sweet phone? I've had the S3 for almost one month.

Thanks

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
galaxy s3

Faster, better battery life, smooth already. Jelly bean would just be a plus.

No need to use your nexus. Especially if you root and use one of the jelly bean updated roms

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
GN with Jelly Bean > Gs3 (in my opinion ;))

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

Ha ha ha... Sorry about the laughter. AOSP is so boring. After a year and a half on AOSP with the Nexus, I don't think I could ever go back to it.

I don't like the fact that phones with AOSP all look the the same other than theming. They pretty much all have the same look feel and features. Many Android fans feel that's what is needed for Android and don't like the fragmentation.

I am on the other side, I like the fact that phone manufactures can do what they want and make Android work the way they want. I think this is the best part of Android. AOSP and it's supporters would have Android become like Apple and have all Android devices be the same.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Keep the s3 and if you want jb download paranoid android or AOKP best of both worlds amazing hardware and software

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2