IPhone 5: Yay or Nay?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Apple is still ahead of Android. It's funny how ppl throw in all the free crap Android phones you can get when you sign a new contract and say" See, Android sells more phones than Apple!". Of course they would gain the market Shari if every carrier has at least 5 free Android phones they offer. Most ppl look for the free phone to upgrade too. For example, my parents. They don't are who made the phone. The iPhone 5 will sell millions. I had an G3 and sold it after 2 weeks. They both have weaknesses. I like Apple because when they announce a new product, they don't change the launch date and crap like that. With the SG3 launch, no one had a clear date. It kept changing. Why can't the other makers follow Apple on the that stuff. Apple sets a preorder date and a launch date and that date is set in stone.

To me, it seems like some of you guys act like a guy is high school. You are all pissed at Robert because he gets all the girls and attention while you go own crying about how much better you look than Robert and how you should be getting more girls. Mean while, Robert is going on date after date and everyone like him.

Not once did I see a reason to believe your statement that Apple is still ahead of Android while multiple epeople have laid out multiple reasons why Android is now ahead of Apple. Your blinded by your ignorance and fanboyism. So what if the S3 release date was uncertain for a while? It led to that phone being the best phone currently out there. All Apple did in response was hype up their new phone having features that we've all expected for over a year now.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Sweating bullets....can't decide. An extra row of icons and LTE? Get back, just get back. I think the paint may win me over though. I am actually happy for those that love apple phones. It is about time the screen size increased. Good for them.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
You know not everyone want a 5 inch screen. My wife hated the screen on here SG2. Said it was too big for her hands. That wasn't her first time making that comment.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Who in here has a 5 inch screen on their device, and who said we all have to have a one sized option, for a certain genre of genetic palmar? Show yourself! lol. Options are good in the land of milk and honey:)

---------- Post Merged at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:35 PM ----------

OP. poll this thread and lets do this.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I still say 4.3 on my MAXX is too small...no way apple bumping to 4" is going to sway me...love that G Note! Only reason Apple kept to 4" is that they think girls and old ladies like tiny phone....Apple is making a mistake cause chicks dig HUGE phones:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ice2008

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 doesn't offer anything revolutionary, so no, i won't replace any of my android babies with an apple product anytime soon. Maybe when the iPhone 6 comes, but certainly not with the iStandard issue 5.

Sent from my ST25i using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You know not everyone want a 5 inch screen. My wife hated the screen on here SG2. Said it was too big for her hands. That wasn't her first time making that comment.

Well tell yo wife to get that weak as iPhone then

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rocking Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
It's not so much whether or not the S3 was a monumental upgrade. I think the point, is that Android is a year ahead of Apple with most tech. That doesn't mean they are better because some people don't care about that. ANDROID in general, makes a couple pretty big steps every year and iPhone did not. All Apple is doing now, is trying to keep up with Android. The only reason people take issue with that on these forums, is because Apple turns around and says they are the industry standard. Apple CLEARLY is not better than anyone else overall, yet no one is good enough unless they own an iPhone and are part of the discipleship.

It's AWESOME if people buy millions of iPhone 5's. I really don't care either way. I just wish Apple would show Android a little more respect by not lying in their presentations (thinnest smartphone in the world????). If Apple was still ahead of Android like they were in 07-09 then I could understand them being a little pompous. But clearly Android has shot past them at mach speed and Apple needs to put the bragging on the back burner until they get back into the innovation theme.

Again, I would not say one negative thing about Apple if they would just do their thing and stop claiming that they are "changing the game". Samsung never said the S3 was a game changer or that it was the new industry standard. They said "The next big thing is here". And it was a big thing. Your points would be more credible IF Samsung made the same claims that Apple does.

Trying to catch up? No single phone will beat iPhone sales. There's a reason that they topped the oil companies overall. Now if ur talking bout tech specs then yes that's a diff story.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Not once did I see a reason to believe your statement that Apple is still ahead of Android while multiple epeople have laid out multiple reasons why Android is now ahead of Apple. Your blinded by your ignorance and fanboyism. So what if the S3 release date was uncertain for a while? It led to that phone being the best phone currently out there. All Apple did in response was hype up their new phone having features that we've all expected for over a year now.

IPhone 5 sales will easily surpase that of the s3. Plus its already number three phone on CNET and it hasn't even come out. The hardware specs of the iPhone tho are outdated to those of the s3

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
That's gonna be hard because the sgs3 sold over ten million units and counting

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rocking Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Actually 10 million will be nothing considering they're saying the iPhone just in September which is half a month will sell up to 10 million alone. Not mention if 10 million is all the s3 has sold which I can't confirm with all this time that its been out for, it will be embarrising if the iPhone 5 beats it just in half a months time. Not to mention the iPhone can run up to 850 which means theure def making more money off fanboys then any other Samsung phone. And that's just us sales. In UK or European countimries they go for over 1000 euros which is about 1300 dollars

IPhone sales will triumph that of the s3 by a lot

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505124_162-57512214/some-analysts-increase-iphone-5-sales-predictions/ from my EVO using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
IPhone 5 sales will easily surpase that of the s3. Plus its already number three phone on CNET and it hasn't even come out. The hardware specs of the iPhone tho are outdated to those of the s3

We all expect it to sell well. But not because it's a better phone, but the aforementioned iSheep that think that anything that has the Apple logo on it is the "next biggest thing in technology." Which makes the rest of us laugh with amusement and pity.

Apple has a hold on marketing which is pretty much the main reason their phones sell so well. I'll take a better phone over a better selling one thanks.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
We all expect it to sell well. But not because it's a better phone, but the aforementioned iSheep that think that anything that has the Apple logo on it is the "next biggest thing in technology." Which makes the rest of us laugh with amusement and pity.

Apple has a hold on marketing which is pretty much the main reason their phones sell so well. I'll take a better phone over a better selling one thanks.

Yea I never said that the iPhone was a Vetter phone. And even tho I would never personally pay out of my wallet for an apple product, I'm always for boosting the economy. They said just the iPhone 5 sales itself would boost our economy jurastically. I'm always for anything that supports that. I can't say I'd buy there products with my money personally tho. Way too overpriced

froir

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Interesting question: What exactly was revolutionary about the GS3?

Not much.

The screen isn't much different from the Galaxy Nexus, and only looks like a huge upgrade since they used such a low res panel in the GS2 (when everyone else had moved to qHD panels, they upp'd the size and kept WVGA). Apple had been at Retina since the iPhone 4.

Exynos Quad no different than A6. Both have updated SoC and the S4 has proven you don't need to be quad core to be a top performer, so that's a bit of a wash.

Only enthusiasts will buy 64GB SD Cards (or anything above 16GB, even).

Apart from the updated software/skin (some of which is a clear carbon copy of iOS functionality i.e. S Voice), there is nothing really revolutionary about this device except the fact that it's yet another Samsung Galaxy device they released.

The new iPhone will have a better camera, the build quality will still make the GS3 look (and feel) like a match box, the screen will still be incredible (i.e. better - both the Sony Ion and HTC One X already have better screens than the GS3, and arguably the Atrix HD as well), the sound quality out of the phone will still be superior, and it will still have a more cohesive, less fragmented media and app ecosystem behind it with deep tie-ins to a desktop operating system - something Android lacks (doesn't even have a universal media synching solution).

As for the comments in this thread. The same thing was said about the 4S, and it broke sales records.

Everyone wants you to believe their next phone will be the best thing since sliced bread, but the reality is that none of these flagships are massive upgrades from their preceding devices aside from the obvious things like the SoC. They're all pretty much incremental upgrades, just made to look incredible. You're broken through Apple's marketing distortion field, hopefully you can get through Samsung's soon enough as well :p Good Luck!

EDIT: Forgot about NFC. NFC was very promising early on when the Nexus S shipped with it. But Google's deal with Sprint really hurt NFC (here) and that was likely a catalyst for the carriers getting their Isis thing together. Much of the other functionality that NFC provides is a carbon copy of what you can already do with other technologies like WiFi Direct and BT. Trust me not many people are buying those smart tags in carrier stores. The biggest thing about NFC was the mobile payments and with the way Google and the carriers handled that (at least in the US), it makes it worthless for Apple to even bother putting that in this phone. There will likely be more Airlines using Passbook and probably even stores supporting it than NFC here in the next 6 months or so, unless Isis really takes off.

In any case, NFC isn't new or revolutionary and has been in a number of devices (even the GS2) since 2010. However, the HTC Rezound, Amaze 4G, and Vivid all skipped out on NFC for the same reason. It will likely not be a factor here in the near future and unless you have a Nexus device the chances of you having your 18 month old Android phone updated to support whatever flavor of the month payment system pops up then is slim to none.

How much apple paid you to type this crap? LOL

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Who in here has a 5 inch screen on their device, and who said we all have to have a one sized option, for a certain genre of genetic palmar? Show yourself! lol. Options are good in the land of milk and honey:)

---------- Post Merged at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:35 PM ----------

OP. poll this thread and lets do this.

I've got a gnote 5.3 buddy haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Ya and most people will pick a phone that suits them better over a different phone regardless of brand/os or whatever. Why don't we go around calling people who only care for Motorola products fanboys? I hate seeing threads "omg did u see the new razr HD its the most bad a** phone out !!! Nobody complains about that minimal upgrade or razr to razr maxx gs2 to gs3. Don't sit and complain about apple or any other company whether its blackberry/web os/apple/android/Motorola/HTC/Samsung or whoever unless u are going to call all the shots out on everybody and do it fairly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea I never said that the iPhone was a Vetter phone. And even tho I would never personally pay out of my wallet for an apple product, I'm always for boosting the economy. They said just the iPhone 5 sales itself would boost our economy jurastically. I'm always for anything that supports that. I can't say I'd buy there products with my money personally tho. Way too overpriced

Thats true. Some say the new iphone will sell at most 50 million units. I don't live in the US but if anyone can save their economy this phone can. And that's respectable in its own way.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress