Can factory reset wipe external SD card?

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, are you asking if you can format the External SD card from your S3? If that is the question, then the answer is yes. Go to Settings->Storage->Format SD card

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I meant when you factory reset the phone. But its cool I figured it out. It doesn't wipe it out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

pprice520

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
what about wipeing internal sd?

another question, what if someone uses a mod to switch sd to internal and vise versa, factory reset, will it wipe the internal (the now extsdcard) or external (now internal sdcard)

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
what about wipeing internal sd?

another question, what if someone uses a mod to switch sd to internal and vise versa, factory reset, will it wipe the internal (the now extsdcard) or external (now internal sdcard)

Anytime you factory reset the phone thw first to go is that internal sd. I dont know of any mods to do that but wouldn't it be dumb.

Rooted: Tmo GS3: PacMan ROM : 4.2.2

tbirdpcb

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Price, I believe it would if partition is swapped, but I haven't verified it, & Mcfly, its actually brilliant!

Here's my Question, if rooted, ruining a custom ROM, can we use factory reset to clear the internal SD, & then re-flash custom ROM from ext SD, something tells me this is auto-brick. I just want to clear internal SD space, do I need to flash to stock, then re root and re flash??

Wicked Rom v9.1 tmo
3.0.65 Deviant Kernel

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Factory reset won't replace the custom ROM. It will reset the device to the way it was right after you installed the ROM for the first time. I've done a factory reset with a cutom ROM several times. It works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz