MP3's only launching with light "Sound Player" rather than Music Player - what gives?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a co-worker that is on Sprint and got the S3. When she launches an MP3 from the file folder and the options pop up the built in player option is Sound Player rather than Music Player. Problem is it's like a light player, it only shows three buttons rather than all of them (with the EQ, etc.) and every time the file is done playing it simply stops. If she goes into music player and then opens the MP3 from there it plays all the way then goes to the next track. She often launches the files from "My Files" and I looked into this for her and there is no "Sound Player" app listed anywhere. I suspect it's a light version of music player.

Anyone know how to get it to play using the Music Player app where it will simply go to the next track at the end rather than use the piece of crap Sound Player?

For the record, on my AT&T S3 it doesn't do this, it uses the Music Player by default.

Rev.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You know what, ignore me I'm an idiot. It does this on mine as well. I'm guessing one needs to launch music files from the player to get them to continue to the next song after playing. Still a bit lame but I guess if that's what needs be done so be it.

Rev.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
First of all, why would anyone play a song from My Files instead of the music player? The songs are nicely arranged by artist, album, genre, song, etc. in your player with all the nice options. The reason it is not going to the next song is that THERE IS NO NEXT SONG :). She just chose to play 1 song from My Files. Why wouldn't it stop? Tell your co-worker to get with the program; that being her music player of choice when playing songs and there will be no problems. :)

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The reason is because she downloads these zipped "packs" from her religious website. Inside those packs are PDF's or ePub, MP3 files, and some images. So she extracts the .zip with ES File Explorer then goes straight to the folder to see all the contents and launch whatever she wants. But yeah, I'm going to let her know she'll need to simply use the music player. I have a separate MP3 player so I never really listen to music on my phone unless it's through Jango or Pandora, but I do find myself launching videos from My Files a lot, never been a problem though.

Rev.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome