Texting Issues

beerdini

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
This last week I've been having a terrible problem with texting in the Lansing, MI area. I'm guessing that something is going on with the network but I've had more "unable to send" messages in the last 3 days than I've had in the last 3 years of being a Sprint customer.

What is happening is when I send a txt from my Galaxy S3, I can see mostly full bars, make my message, click the send button and my bars are gone. After a few seconds I get the notice that the message could not be sent. At about 30 seconds my bars will slowly start to build back up and I can resend the message. I'm also receiving lots of double messages which my contacts are saying that they are not sending doubles.

Also, anyone know why when I receive a picture message that it shows up "4 hours" back in my conversation? I received a message at about 3:15 EST, and it appears at about 11:15 EST in the conversation I'm having with the person. Really annoying that it appears that someone can't sync their clocks correctly.

Anyway my S3 is up to date, not rooted, has the latest PRL, etc... Any ideas why there is so much trouble with texting or how to make mms pictures show up at the actual time they are sent? Thanks!

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I have been having major texting issues in my SIII as well. In my case, I have random messages to random numbers show sent on my phone, but they are never received by the recipient. After weeks of going back and forth with advanced tech support, the problem has persisted. Interestingly, a sharp tech discovered today that the messages in question had never been received by the Sprint network, although my phone showed them as sent. To make a long story short, as we talked further we discovered that I had hundreds of text threads (I rarely delete threads because I use them for business records, even though I do automatically delete messages within threads at a certain threshold, per the settings) that she suggested may be maxing out my memory and thus causing some messages to be held back. Not sure if that is my problem, but there does seem to be some logic behind her suggestions based on my experience the past few weeks.

I was (and may still be) convinced that it is a network issue here in the Atlanta area. I guess time with tell if either the state of my memory or the state of the network is to blame. I'm interested to hear from others and find out if your issue gets resolved and how.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Missouri and have been having text issues on a SGSII - all of our phones have been having the issue - I was going to blame it on our Airave but I had a friend with an SGIII tell me he now has LTE in our area where it wasn't before... sounds like network to me?

OnePalmAddict

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I failed to mention above that I, too, have an Air Rave, and my texting issues began after I set it up. However, those issues were actual error messages that were not even allowing texts to be sent. A reset of the Air Rave and my phone seemed to resolve those issues, though. Since then it's been the issue I described above...texts showing sent on my phone but never being received by the recipient.

Ironically, my daughter (SII) had the same issue last night with a text she sent to me...it was over 160 characters and I only received the second half (this also happens to me). Then, a few minutes ago friend and Sprint user in Dayton, Ohio (Evo 4D), sent me a text (over 160 chars) and I only received the second half! Gah!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

clairegrrl

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
It's the Airave. You can do a reset and it might work for a few days, but the problem will return. When I have the same issue, I put the phone in airplane mode, wait about a minute then take it out of airplaine mode and that usually resolves the code 97 issues.

You can also contact Sprint Airave people at 866.556.7310. Once they open a ticket for you, they usually hook you up with an Ericson tech.

You're going to finally understand that this is a known issue with the Airave and will learn the work arounds.

OnePalmAddict

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps it is the Air Rave, perhaps not. Sprint acknowledged the issue on my first call over a month ago. We did all the resets and tweaks you can imagine and, like I said, all the error 97's stopped. What happens now is--whether or not I am anywhere near the AR--randomly texts appear on my phone to have been sent but never arrive on the recipient's phone. No rhyme or reason--different numbers on different carriers and only randomly selected (albeit frequent) texts. And for the first time last night and this morning I was also the recipient of only partially received texts. All that said, this makes it hard for me to believe that the AR is still to blame. Regardless, nobody at Sprint has any answers...and neither do I. Although I have been loyal to Sprint for nearly 12 years and generally very satisfied, if it were not for significantly higher prices, I would have long since jumped ship to Verizon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech