Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

quick ? wen i did the update i lost my wifi tether and my phone says its still rooted but i dont get any features like i had wen i had the odex

ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

Quote Originally Posted by killswitch651 View Post
    quick ? wen i did the update i lost my wifi tether and my phone says its still rooted but i dont get any features like i had wen i had the odex
    I had the same issue when I first did the update, so I protected root with OTA Rootkeeper and the flashed the updated stock rom Skunkape60 posted in post #62. That has seemed to fix it for me.
    Thanked by:

i did the OTA rootkeeper but wen i go bacc to OTA rootkeeper it ask me do i want to delete su baccup or temp.un-root not giving me the option to reroot so should i reflash it? or will i bricc my phone if i do it over again

ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

When I did OTA, I clicked temp.un-root, then afterwards I went back in and clicked Protect Root
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  
    Retired Ambassador

i did the OTA rootkeeper but wen i go bacc to OTA rootkeeper it ask me do i want to delete su baccup or temp.un-root not giving me the option to reroot so should i reflash it? or will i bricc my phone if i do it over again
    That's because you probably didn't loose root. If you are already rooted those are the options it gives you.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:

thanks bro so is there any cool roms
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #107  
    Retired Ambassador

thanks bro so is there any cool roms
    Right now my favorite is AnaKonda Rom.

You can find all the rooms for the Sprint GS3 [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Libraryhere

ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Right now my favorite is AnaKonda Rom.

You can find all the rooms for the Sprint GS3 [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Libraryhere
    Hey Skunk, I went to AnaKonda after doing the update the first time, and kept getting the Update available notification. So I flashed the LI3 rom you linked on here to fix it. My question is if I go back to AnaKonda will continually notify me about the LI3 update again?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  
    Retired Ambassador

I have something for you.... hang on a moment.....
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #110  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by MotoPho View Post
    Hey Skunk, I went to AnaKonda after doing the update the first time, and kept getting the Update available notification. So I flashed the LI3 rom you linked on here to fix it. My question is if I go back to AnaKonda will continually notify me about the LI3 update again?
    This should keep that update notification from bothering you again. Just flash the zip in recovery.
    Attached Files Attached Files

how did you get the update its not out for ota yet they only have L8 on sprints website
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #112  
    Retired Ambassador

Lol... they've been pushing the update since the 19th of Sep.

http://phandroid.com/2012/09/19/spri...ion-l710vpli3/

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Just to be clear this is not the Jelly Bean update? I originally was thinking it was and went through the instructions (very clear and easy BTW) and all went well with update successful message but when I checked the Android version it is still 4.0.4.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #114  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by bdc1974 View Post
    Just to be clear this is not the Jelly Bean update? I originally was thinking it was and went through the instructions (very clear and easy BTW) and all went well with update successful message but when I checked the Android version it is still 4.0.4.
    No this is not the JellyBean update. Just a incremental update.

Quote Originally Posted by matt3166 View Post
    What exactly is the VPN Client added in the update?

My wife's and mine updated the other night and the VPN client is added on both our phones. Hers shows nothing in the logs, mine has traffic in the logs with warnings and ip address' in it. I am concerned as to what that traffic is, seens how I don't connect to any PC's!
    Anyone know?

Here is a screenshot of it with a few numbers blurred out for security...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...9-29125328.png

i also keep getting the failed install status 7, install aborted, trying to use the cwm

i am on stock rom but rooted.

i finally remembered i did the.bak to the camera. changed it back but still get error. i must have done something else because i do not have the sprint sound when starting or turning off. can this be the reason for the failed install?

i have my card formatted to fat32 also.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #117  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by sakhari8 View Post
    i also keep getting the failed install status 7, install aborted, trying to use the cwm

i am on stock rom but rooted.

i finally remembered i did the.bak to the camera. changed it back but still get error. i must have done something else because i do not have the sprint sound when starting or turning off. can this be the reason for the failed install?

i have my card formatted to fat32 also.
    If you are stock rooted and have cwm this is the method you should be using:

This is the Stock rooted LI3 update but without the radio. So you will have to also download and flash the LI3 modem separately. Both links provided below for your flashing pleasure. You should be able to flash both of these by just wiping cache and dalvik.

[ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

LI3 Modem / Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    If you are stock rooted and have cwm this is the method you should be using:

This is the Stock rooted LI3 update but without the radio. So you will have to also download and flash the LI3 modem separately. Both links provided below for your flashing pleasure. You should be able to flash both of these by just wiping cache and dalvik.

[ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

LI3 Modem / Radio
    you are awesome.

i seen you posted the odex earlier to someone that was on a costom rom. i always thaought odex and deodex files was for custom ROMs so that is why i did not try it.

i can say that so far i have noticed a better signal strength (knock on wood) at home.

Hi guys im new in this wonderfull webpage..ok here i go with my noob question im rooted on my sprint galaxy s3 how can i install the latest update im using teamwinrecovery how or where can i download the update and install it using teamwin recovery please help me...
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #120  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkCaLiBeR View Post
    Hi guys im new in this wonderfull webpage..ok here i go with my noob question im rooted on my sprint galaxy s3 how can i install the latest update im using teamwinrecovery how or where can i download the update and install it using teamwin recovery please help me...
    Both links are right above your post. The top one is for the stock updated rom and the bottom is for the radio / modem.

Hy but the link its the full rom and the update its just 81.mb how can i just flash the update...

The update requires a stock recovery, which TeamWin is not.

With a custom recovery, your current only update method is the links you were pointed to.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

I know this is not right place but here it goes...everytime i flash any new rom that is 4.1.2 i get a systemUi stop workers ing why how do you fix it...

JB update.zip
    http://android.clients.google.com/pa...LI3_to_LJ7.zip

thanks to the folks at XDA
    Thanked by:

Does it work, ppl been getting errors

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast