Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 135
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #101  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    quick ? wen i did the update i lost my wifi tether and my phone says its still rooted but i dont get any features like i had wen i had the odex
  2. #102  
    Sykotc's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by killswitch651 View Post
    quick ? wen i did the update i lost my wifi tether and my phone says its still rooted but i dont get any features like i had wen i had the odex
    I had the same issue when I first did the update, so I protected root with OTA Rootkeeper and the flashed the updated stock rom Skunkape60 posted in post #62. That has seemed to fix it for me.
    Thanked by:
  3. #103  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    i did the OTA rootkeeper but wen i go bacc to OTA rootkeeper it ask me do i want to delete su baccup or temp.un-root not giving me the option to reroot so should i reflash it? or will i bricc my phone if i do it over again
  4. #104  
    Sykotc's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    When I did OTA, I clicked temp.un-root, then afterwards I went back in and clicked Protect Root
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by killswitch651 View Post
    i did the OTA rootkeeper but wen i go bacc to OTA rootkeeper it ask me do i want to delete su baccup or temp.un-root not giving me the option to reroot so should i reflash it? or will i bricc my phone if i do it over again
    That's because you probably didn't loose root. If you are already rooted those are the options it gives you.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  6. #106  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    thanks bro so is there any cool roms
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #107  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by killswitch651 View Post
    thanks bro so is there any cool roms
    Right now my favorite is AnaKonda Rom.

    You can find all the rooms for the Sprint GS3 [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Libraryhere
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  8. #108  
    Sykotc's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Right now my favorite is AnaKonda Rom.

    You can find all the rooms for the Sprint GS3 [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Libraryhere
    Hey Skunk, I went to AnaKonda after doing the update the first time, and kept getting the Update available notification. So I flashed the LI3 rom you linked on here to fix it. My question is if I go back to AnaKonda will continually notify me about the LI3 update again?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    I have something for you.... hang on a moment.....
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #110  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoPho View Post
    Hey Skunk, I went to AnaKonda after doing the update the first time, and kept getting the Update available notification. So I flashed the LI3 rom you linked on here to fix it. My question is if I go back to AnaKonda will continually notify me about the LI3 update again?
    This should keep that update notification from bothering you again. Just flash the zip in recovery.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  11. #111  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    how did you get the update its not out for ota yet they only have L8 on sprints website
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #112  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Lol... they've been pushing the update since the 19th of Sep.

    http://phandroid.com/2012/09/19/spri...ion-l710vpli3/
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  13. #113  
    Bcool's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Just to be clear this is not the Jelly Bean update? I originally was thinking it was and went through the instructions (very clear and easy BTW) and all went well with update successful message but when I checked the Android version it is still 4.0.4.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #114  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by bdc1974 View Post
    Just to be clear this is not the Jelly Bean update? I originally was thinking it was and went through the instructions (very clear and easy BTW) and all went well with update successful message but when I checked the Android version it is still 4.0.4.
    No this is not the JellyBean update. Just a incremental update.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  15. #115  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by matt3166 View Post
    What exactly is the VPN Client added in the update?


    My wife's and mine updated the other night and the VPN client is added on both our phones. Hers shows nothing in the logs, mine has traffic in the logs with warnings and ip address' in it. I am concerned as to what that traffic is, seens how I don't connect to any PC's!
    Anyone know?

    Here is a screenshot of it with a few numbers blurred out for security...

    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...9-29125328.png
  16. #116  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    i also keep getting the failed install status 7, install aborted, trying to use the cwm

    i am on stock rom but rooted.

    i finally remembered i did the.bak to the camera. changed it back but still get error. i must have done something else because i do not have the sprint sound when starting or turning off. can this be the reason for the failed install?

    i have my card formatted to fat32 also.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #117  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by sakhari8 View Post
    i also keep getting the failed install status 7, install aborted, trying to use the cwm

    i am on stock rom but rooted.

    i finally remembered i did the.bak to the camera. changed it back but still get error. i must have done something else because i do not have the sprint sound when starting or turning off. can this be the reason for the failed install?

    i have my card formatted to fat32 also.
    If you are stock rooted and have cwm this is the method you should be using:

    This is the Stock rooted LI3 update but without the radio. So you will have to also download and flash the LI3 modem separately. Both links provided below for your flashing pleasure. You should be able to flash both of these by just wiping cache and dalvik.

    [ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

    LI3 Modem / Radio
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  18. #118  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    If you are stock rooted and have cwm this is the method you should be using:

    This is the Stock rooted LI3 update but without the radio. So you will have to also download and flash the LI3 modem separately. Both links provided below for your flashing pleasure. You should be able to flash both of these by just wiping cache and dalvik.

    [ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

    LI3 Modem / Radio
    you are awesome.

    i seen you posted the odex earlier to someone that was on a costom rom. i always thaought odex and deodex files was for custom ROMs so that is why i did not try it.

    i can say that so far i have noticed a better signal strength (knock on wood) at home.
  19. #119  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Hi guys im new in this wonderfull webpage..ok here i go with my noob question im rooted on my sprint galaxy s3 how can i install the latest update im using teamwinrecovery how or where can i download the update and install it using teamwin recovery please help me...
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #120  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRkCaLiBeR View Post
    Hi guys im new in this wonderfull webpage..ok here i go with my noob question im rooted on my sprint galaxy s3 how can i install the latest update im using teamwinrecovery how or where can i download the update and install it using teamwin recovery please help me...
    Both links are right above your post. The top one is for the stock updated rom and the bottom is for the radio / modem.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  21. #121  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Hy but the link its the full rom and the update its just 81.mb how can i just flash the update...
  22. #122  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    The update requires a stock recovery, which TeamWin is not.

    With a custom recovery, your current only update method is the links you were pointed to.

    Swyped from my SPH-L710
  23. #123  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    I know this is not right place but here it goes...everytime i flash any new rom that is 4.1.2 i get a systemUi stop workers ing why how do you fix it...
  24. #124  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    JB update.zip
    http://android.clients.google.com/pa...LI3_to_LJ7.zip

    thanks to the folks at XDA
    Thanked by:
  25. #125  

    Default Re: Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

    Does it work, ppl been getting errors

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Manual update from LG2 - LG8
    By clavodulce16 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 08:16 PM
  2. Update from DG17 to DG27 - anybody get this?
    By Phil Nickinson in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 08:58 PM
  3. Updated from .3 to .6 OTA now 4g won't start
    By CEaton in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 10:17 AM
  4. VZW PRL updated from 51731 to 51739
    By redman213 in forum Verizon
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 06:12 AM
  5. VZW PRL updated from 51731 to 51739
    By redman213 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 11:13 PM

Posting Permissions