Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default LTE not working??

So according to this Sprint announces new 4G LTE cities | Android Central

My lovely city of Wichita ks now has some 4g action... yet I have yet to see the 3g to switch over. I'm not getting ANY LTE...could it be because I'm using paranoid android ROM?? Any ideas..

Default Re: LTE not working??

Did you turn on 4G in the sammy? Out of the box,it's set up for 3G

System settings > more settings > mobile networks > there you can turn it from CDMA to CDMA/LTE.

Should be good then.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anyone know when the LTE is suppose to be cut on in Nashville ???!!

I'm in Wichita too, have a full signal at pawnee at Seneca. if I goto about phone, status and it tells me I'm on LTE, with an asu of 50, but my signal indicator does not have 4g above it, it's full bars and greyed out. I know that when it's greyed out I'm not connected to Google's servers, but I think it's because of a signal issue. I'm running the latest paranoid android Rom as well. I can only get a poor 3g signal. I have been waiting for 4g for so long and now can't even use it. urg! I want to flash back to a touchwiz Rom just to check and see. but there is no way I can download a 700mb+ Rom on 3g. Using my sprint samsung galaxy s3. which I called sprint and they had no reason as to why it was messed up. are you still having problems? also sometimes switching airplane mode on and off would help but not lately..

not to sure how much this will help you but I have been battling 4g LTE here in Boston since i got the S3 last week. Boston is supposed to be completely lit up but i am not seeing much 4G action. Sprint store told me to download and install Sensorly which maps out your 4g but i have not had the time to go through all the settings.

ROM
    CM10

It's been a bit spotty for me here in Fort Worth at times. The feeling I get, is that it seems to be dropping the 4G connection and not reactivating it to save power, as toggling the radio usually works to bring the 4G connection back for a bit.