Sending a video in a text message

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to send a video I took with the S3 via mms message. Wouldn't let me. Said file size was too big. It was a 5 second video. I have a hard time believing we can't send a video via text msg. A friend sent me a video form his new iphone and it was over a minute long.
Am I doing something wrong here? I'm using go sms, buy also tried using stock messenger.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348590030092.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348590030092.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Open the camera app---Under settings---Recording mode---select Limit for MMS.

The quality isn't as good but at least you can send it.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My advice: Get GO SMS Pro (it's free). Settings>Advanced>MMS Settings>Maximum MMS size. You can choose up to 5MB limit, which should be enough for most of us.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Download the app called Ravid it let's you send video files of almost any size.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G

Does it send it as a link?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Flip Wad

May 10, 2013
Visit site
i raised the limit but it still said i have to purchase the advanced service and it has the prices for the usable messages, risidual used times,

mizchris

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Problem with ravid

Hello, I'm in Africa ( Rwanda) i'm trying to send video to my friends but it refuse it indicate video sent but when i'm checking the messages sent they still mention sending and my friends are not receiving my video . what can i do?

James Booke

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I just tried to send a video I took with the S3 via mms message. Wouldn't let me. Said file size was too big. It was a 5 second video. I have a hard time believing we can't send a video via text msg. A friend sent me a video form his new iphone and it was over a minute long.
Am I doing something wrong here? I'm using go sms, buy also tried using stock messenger.

Chris Moschini

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
SMS/MMS was designed for very small amounts of data, less than 10mb. Most smartphones can record in HD at about 10mb per second. It could be smaller if the resolution were lower, but people get upset when the default isn't the best resolution, so it just goes max quality/file size. At 10mb per second you can send at most 1 second of video. You could send a longer video if it were lower quality. For example if you compressed it to 1mbps you could send up to 10 seconds of video.

The best way to share video is to just upload it to a video site like YouTube. If that's too much work a second best option is to share it via a file sharing site like Dropbox or Google Docs. Email is OK, with a limit of 20mb, but for many videos you'd still need to compress it down to lower quality yourself beforehand, something YouTube does for you.

To compress it you'd need an app that does just that on your phone. Some will let explicitly set how large you wanted the file to be and it will just reduce quality as low as needed to hit that so you can email/text it. Of course if it's a long video, the quality will be awful. Send an hour like this and it'll be worthless.

Madelinegonvaz93

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12