Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Default Re: New Swype Keyboard with LI3 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by klflote View Post
    When you are typing, pull down the notification bar, click on select input method, select google voice typing, and go. It's a little more inconvient than before, but at least you don't have to root your phone.
    Well damn, you are right! This is the best they could come up with? (Shaking my head in disbelief....)
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I spoke with someone from Swype about this, and he stated that OEM's state what features they want and how, or sometimes they rebuild the files themselves to fit what they are wanting, and that what you get from the OEM is not up to them. He thinks it was due to an upcoming feature for the Samsung Keyboard that will be updated sometime, with a speech to text engine added/updated in.. I just deleted it manually, not through TB to verify I got rid of all 3 Swype files from my system, and installed the beta.. Good to go on my end...

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

So, what I did was follow the Titanium Backup instructions. I "Froze” the Swype that came with the update via Titanium and re-installed the beta Swype with recording functionality.

I did NOT lose my custom dictionary.

since there is a new beta version number, does that let people with the oe swype install the beta also ?? (without removing the stock one, before it would show already installed)

thanks

I just updated to JellyBean and I really like the Swype keyboard. I can't find the speech to text microphone button either. Any suggestions?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12