Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: "Unfortunately Samsung keyboard has stopped working"....

Quote Originally Posted by jlmalone View Post
    Can you SWYPE with Swift Key?? Any advice is appreciated!
    Yes. You can. You have to enable it in the settings though. Unless you already enabled it in the initial setup.

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3

man ive restart so many times!!! it juz didnt work. so frustating

I started getting this error almost continuously. I have a Samsung GTS6812i "Fame" running android 4.1.2. I think it went into the Language and keyboard setup by accident and somehow enabled both english and chinese keyboards. I couldn't uncheck either. I wound up doing a complete reset which cost me all my contacts, apps, settings, etc. but cleared it until I went back into that setup screen and tried to switch from chinese to english at which point it all happened again. I've redone in several times now and am just leaving that keyboard screen alone but this should not be happening. The little gear icon at the lower left of the qwerty keyboard takes you there and I think that happened in my pocket to start this ordeal.

Working Solution on S3:

I faced same issue after OTA upgrade for my S3 from JB 4.1.2 to 4.3. Samsung keyboard stopped working with errors every time rebooted or called by app that required keyboard also overall phones performance had gone slow. Doing a Hard reset to my S3 & wiping out cache partition resolved this issue. I suggest always go for Hard reset by pressing Vol-up + Home + Pwer buttons simultaneously and then choose wipe cache partition. Soft reset from Settings doesn't necessarily resolve all sort of problems. I did the same and my S3 is working flawless and smooth.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123