"Unfortunately Samsung keyboard has stopped working"....

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I get the error "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped" pretty much every day in the middle of texting, and I have to restart my phone by taking out the battery because the Samsung keyboard keeps trying to restart itself but it constantly fails and makes the phone unusable. The way it happens is the keyboard's response becomes supper slow (when I put my finger on a character, it types it 5 seconds later), and then the keyboard fails. Here is a screenshot of the error:

http://www.s3forums.com/forum/attac...ps-working-screenshot_2012-12-21-10-12-51.jpg

I contacted the Samsung support about this issue, and they told me to factory reset my phone. I reset my phone to factory defaults and only installed the essential apps, but I still have the problem. I loved the GS series up until now, but this issue is so annoying that it makes me want to go get another phone right now.

I have the AT&T version of Galaxy S3 btw.

Do you have Swype installed? Swype and the android keyboard do not play well together....

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

kearlnp

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This happens all the time whenever texting/messaging/Facebook if you click on an auto populated word or corrected word. Have to restart phone. Very annoying. :-\

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Try this: Go to Settings / Application manager. Scroll right to the "All" tab. Scroll down until you find Samsung keyboard, and tap on that row. Than tap on Clear Data. Let us know what happens.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So there have been several suggestions in this thread on how to fix it. Have you tried any of them? If not, try them and let us know the results.

If nothing else has worked, you might want to try another keyboard. Swiftkey is, IMHO, far better than the Samsung keyboard anyway, and well worth a few bucks. You can try it for free:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...c3dpZnRrZXkucGhvbmUudHJpYWwiXQ&token=141jpWK9..

If you don't want to pay for the best keyboard, the Google Jellybean keyboard is still better than the stock Samsung keyboard, and free:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...plbGx5YmVhbmtleWJvYXJkLmYuZyJd&token=y3Y1zxkl

Oh, one more thing: This is the Galaxy S3 forum, not the Nexus forum, but we'll still try to help.

odd_socks_haze

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help?? on my samsung galaxy nexus i can't download anything from the play site, i just keep getting an error message?
and also i can't use my keyboard so i cant text or use the internet, is there an easy fix for this? on the error message for the keyboard i just get unfortunatly android keyboard has stopped!! Any ideas??? Any information will be greatly received.
Many thanks.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There are instructions in this thread, or the ones I linked in post #29, for how to clear an applications cache and data. I would try that for both the play store and the keyboard as a first step.

sportygrly

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Thus didn't happen until I did the last update. I hate being forced to updaye because something always stops working correctly. This is highly annoying. Pleasdle don't suggest downloading a different one from the app store. I've tried that...not much better.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Thus didn't happen until I did the last update. I hate being forced to updaye because something always stops working correctly. This is highly annoying. Pleasdle don't suggest downloading a different one from the app store. I've tried that...not much better.

So what have you done to try to fix it? There are a couple of suggestions in this thread, did they work? As far as other keyboards, if you can't see the difference between the stock keyboard and Swiftey I don't know what to sya.

Julia Tee

May 16, 2013
Visit site
You will notice that some of us can't use keyboard, playstore or gmail, so installing another keyboard app is impossible.
This happened to me last night so i think it must be an upgrade issue. It's driving me crazy! I get the message popup every minute or so.
Time to switch to an HTC.....

Julia Tee

May 16, 2013
Visit site
OMG!!! FIXED THE KEYBOARD PROBLEM:

Junior Member- OP from thr xda developers site has figured it out.....see quoted text:

"I'm putting this here since I don't see the issue posted on N7 section. And the different solutions on other sections didn't work for me.

The problem is keyboard crashing with ' unfortunately android keyboard has stopped working' dialog. This was annoying as not only couldn't you use keyboard but also the keyboard kept restarting and crashing. Tried to clear keyboard data from app info screen but no help. Tried uninstalling the last couple apps I had installed but no help.

Finally remembered randomly seeing 'unfortunately dictionary has stopped' dialog sometime in the past week. So went back into settings - apps - all apps, and found "Dictionary Provider" which I promptly disabled. And just like that android keyboard stopped misbehaving.

Why is dictionary provider causing problems? I haven't looked into it just yet as wanted to put this up asap so anyone else with same issue can also stop keyboard crashing since that's top priority in this situation.

My Nexus 7 is at JB 4.1.2 rooted with stock everything."

Woo!

Julia Tee

May 16, 2013
Visit site
MY problem started with messages: 1) unfortunately, gmail has stopped, shortly after that 2) Process. gapp. hass stopped and finally 3) keyboard has stopped.

When I try to go to app store it force stops. I can't access anything on my phone. Samsung help? Anyone?

Hey There,

So this has worked for me so far:
Go to settings - apps - all - disable Google play services
Go to settings - apps - all - disable Dictionary Provider
Also in settings - apps - gmail - clear all the data

this got my gmail working. YAY!

redjuice

May 25, 2013
Visit site
my phone ****s up too !! after everything i do with my phone...like turn it on, or play a game, or receve text messages that damn message pops everytime (unfortunately Samsung Keyboard has stopped working)!! i tryed to erase and reset it but to do that you need to enter your Pin and you need a keyboard to do that...:mad:

NursePants

May 29, 2013
Visit site
The keyboard works mostly but the letters "J" "U" "N" are not working and the period was not working. I did download the jellybean keyboard app and the period started working but the other letters mentioned are still not working. Any ideas? Before downloading the JB app, I did clear the data history of the samsung keyboard with no results. I have a Samsung G2 4G

Jpw414

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
My phone (gs2) did this a month ago every 5 seconds until i did a factory data reset. Just when i finally got everything back to normal it started again today. The phone is unusable when this occurs and now i see it's an Android thing. This is enough to make me get an iphone when my contract is up in two months. I've had enough with this BS.

aarx

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: &quot;Unfortunately Samsung keyboard has stopped working&quot;....

just found a fix to this for nexus 4.:-

settings->apps->all-> the three dots on top of each other->reset app preferences...worked for me...cheers

- - - Updated - - -

just found a fix to this for nexus 4.:-

settings->apps->all-> the three dots on top of each other->reset app preferences...worked for me...cheers

Bsd522

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I followed those steps, and my entire keyboard changed to a new format and still didnt fix my issue in updating my facebook status. now my phone and key board are ****ed and I have to bring it into a store. WTF!!!

Arivumani raji

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem with my samsung gallaxy tab . when am use my internet key board did not came its showing unfortunatly program will stop it ll came again amd again . what to do to rectifing this problem thanking you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers