LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Where I work, only one authenticated WiFi connection at a time is allowed - meaning that any given time, I can only connect my tablet, my laptop, or my phone, and generally, I run with my laptop connected. For this reason, I normally leave powersaving disabled and I manually toggle WiFi on my handset.

After taking the LI3 update this morning, I found that I was being kicked off the network somewhat regularly at my laptop. It turns out that my handset - in spite of powersaving settings - is enabling and connecting to WiFi every so often. As a work-around, I've forgotten the connection - but this means that every time I want to connect, I have to go recreate the connection, and then when I'm done, I have to forget it again.

Is anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI, on mine after the update the check box keeps getting re-checked..
Not happy about that because i dont use Sprint Connections Optimizer and after the update it seems they keep turning it on.
Go check yours now that you have turned it OFF and see if its been re-enabled?

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
You are correct - even after disabling the Sprint Connections Optimizer, WiFi still turns itself back on and connecting to remembered hotspots. So yeah, the fix I thought I'd found isn't a fix at all. =(

merchmonster

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
If I turn off the Sprint Connections Optimizer, will my phone still automatically connect to my wifi network at home?

In theory, if the sprint connections thing is turned off then yiur phone shouldnt connect automatically to a wifi spot. You would have to turn wifi on. Before i rooted my phone. The first thing i did was turn off the sprint connections thing and then i was able to control how and when my phone connected.

Keep in mind if i rebooted the phone the oh so wonderful sprint connections optimizer would re enable itself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that when I enter into the Sprint Connection Optimizer (SPO), it automatically checks the box. This if you agree to the terms, or just click the back button to not agree.
I have mine disabled and do not see the process running on the background or the wifi even attempting to turn on by itself.

igy

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I like the optimizer, but can't use it because it connects me to my work wifi which I don't want to have on all the time. My office wifi has certain ports blocked in order to prevent gchat. There were times when I would get connected to the wifi in the office automatically, and I wouldn't know that anyone sent me a message until I left the office and got disconnected from the network. I wish sprint would add an extra setting for each stored wifi connection allowing you to exclude it from the optimizer. That way certain networks (i.e. my home network) get connected automatically, but the networks you don't want to connect to (i.e. work) are ignored.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I like the optimizer, but can't use it because it connects me to my work wifi which I don't want to have on all the time. My office wifi has certain ports blocked in order to prevent gchat. There were times when I would get connected to the wifi in the office automatically, and I wouldn't know that anyone sent me a message until I left the office and got disconnected from the network. I wish sprint would add an extra setting for each stored wifi connection allowing you to exclude it from the optimizer. That way certain networks (i.e. my home network) get connected automatically, but the networks you don't want to connect to (i.e. work) are ignored.

Wow... You are one of the first people I've seen that likes it. I really wouldn't mind it so much if it only connected to unsecured networks. My issue is I keep being informed about Wi-Fi connection and never are any of them unsecured.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow... You are one of the first people I've seen that likes it. I really wouldn't mind it so much if it only connected to unsecured networks. My issue is I keep being informed about Wi-Fi connection and never are any of them unsecured.

Exactly right. I totally agree. There should be an option to only be connected to unsecured sources. A checkbox or something that would allow us to choose.