Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    Where I work, only one authenticated WiFi connection at a time is allowed - meaning that any given time, I can only connect my tablet, my laptop, or my phone, and generally, I run with my laptop connected. For this reason, I normally leave powersaving disabled and I manually toggle WiFi on my handset.

    After taking the LI3 update this morning, I found that I was being kicked off the network somewhat regularly at my laptop. It turns out that my handset - in spite of powersaving settings - is enabling and connecting to WiFi every so often. As a work-around, I've forgotten the connection - but this means that every time I want to connect, I have to go recreate the connection, and then when I'm done, I have to forget it again.

    Is anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions?
    - Sprint / Galaxy Note 2 user
    - Galaxy Note 10.1 user
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    I found it: Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Sprint Connections Optimizer > clear the checkbox.

    /sigh
    - Sprint / Galaxy Note 2 user
    - Galaxy Note 10.1 user
  3. #3  

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    FYI, on mine after the update the check box keeps getting re-checked..
    Not happy about that because i dont use Sprint Connections Optimizer and after the update it seems they keep turning it on.
    Go check yours now that you have turned it OFF and see if its been re-enabled?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    You are correct - even after disabling the Sprint Connections Optimizer, WiFi still turns itself back on and connecting to remembered hotspots. So yeah, the fix I thought I'd found isn't a fix at all. =(
    - Sprint / Galaxy Note 2 user
    - Galaxy Note 10.1 user
  5. #5  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    He he he... Glad I only helped people get the update... I didn't update my phone....
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  6. #6  

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    If I turn off the Sprint Connections Optimizer, will my phone still automatically connect to my wifi network at home?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    Quote Originally Posted by thecorrigan44 View Post
    If I turn off the Sprint Connections Optimizer, will my phone still automatically connect to my wifi network at home?
    In theory, if the sprint connections thing is turned off then yiur phone shouldnt connect automatically to a wifi spot. You would have to turn wifi on. Before i rooted my phone. The first thing i did was turn off the sprint connections thing and then i was able to control how and when my phone connected.

    Keep in mind if i rebooted the phone the oh so wonderful sprint connections optimizer would re enable itself.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    I noticed that when I enter into the Sprint Connection Optimizer (SPO), it automatically checks the box. This if you agree to the terms, or just click the back button to not agree.
    I have mine disabled and do not see the process running on the background or the wifi even attempting to turn on by itself.
  9. #9  
    igy
    igy is offline
    igy's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    I like the optimizer, but can't use it because it connects me to my work wifi which I don't want to have on all the time. My office wifi has certain ports blocked in order to prevent gchat. There were times when I would get connected to the wifi in the office automatically, and I wouldn't know that anyone sent me a message until I left the office and got disconnected from the network. I wish sprint would add an extra setting for each stored wifi connection allowing you to exclude it from the optimizer. That way certain networks (i.e. my home network) get connected automatically, but the networks you don't want to connect to (i.e. work) are ignored.
  10. #10  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    Quote Originally Posted by igy View Post
    I like the optimizer, but can't use it because it connects me to my work wifi which I don't want to have on all the time. My office wifi has certain ports blocked in order to prevent gchat. There were times when I would get connected to the wifi in the office automatically, and I wouldn't know that anyone sent me a message until I left the office and got disconnected from the network. I wish sprint would add an extra setting for each stored wifi connection allowing you to exclude it from the optimizer. That way certain networks (i.e. my home network) get connected automatically, but the networks you don't want to connect to (i.e. work) are ignored.
    Wow... You are one of the first people I've seen that likes it. I really wouldn't mind it so much if it only connected to unsecured networks. My issue is I keep being informed about Wi-Fi connection and never are any of them unsecured.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  11. #11  

    Default Re: LI3 - WiFi Won't Stay Turned Off

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Wow... You are one of the first people I've seen that likes it. I really wouldn't mind it so much if it only connected to unsecured networks. My issue is I keep being informed about Wi-Fi connection and never are any of them unsecured.
    Exactly right. I totally agree. There should be an option to only be connected to unsecured sources. A checkbox or something that would allow us to choose.

Similar Threads

  1. Phone Won't Stay Powered-Off
    By Dave6833 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S 4G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:07 AM
  2. WIFI won't stay off
    By Gekko in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 12:13 PM
  3. Nook won't stay turned off?
    By conductor_bosh in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
  4. Turning off Mobile Network - Running wifi Only?
    By blackops#IM in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 10:55 AM
  5. turn off cell phone radio and enable wifi
    By Swavek in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions