What is a "Launcher" and what are the best ones out there?!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How's the battery life when running a launcher?

You're already running a launcher; the one that comes with each phone. In your case, it's Touch Wiz, which is standard on Samsung phones. Battery usage varies a little with each launcher, depending how many features you use and which ones are running. I've never used the standard launcher, so I don't have anything to say about it. So battery life is mainly dependent upon how you use your phone. Experiment and choose the one you like best; the one that suits you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I like nova launcher alot... But that's just my opinion :)

Nova Prime is on sale today for $.025.

Oh nice. OP I'd try Nova out today and if you like it grab the prime for only 25 cents.. That's a steal :)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC fourms

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You guys have been awesome. Just one last thing.... since I'm gonna be running a launcher instead of TouchWiz, can I "disable" TouchWiz from running so it's not running ALONG with the launcher?? I feel like if both are running it would consume more battery, no??

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just installed Nova and been messing around with it for like a hour or so... and it's using 4% of my battery, am I right in the above post and can I "disable" TouchWiz?

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Just installed Nova and been messing around with it for like a hour or so... and it's using 4% of my battery, am I right in the above post and can I "disable" TouchWiz?

Yes. Nova makes it easy, too. Just go into the Nova Settings and scroll down to "Select Default Home". Check the "Use by default for this action" checkbox and then select Nova Launcher.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
press and hold the icon and drag it where you want. If that isn't working, go into nova settings / desktop / scroll to the bottom and uncheck lock desktop.

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
press and hold the icon and drag it where you want. If that isn't working, go into nova settings / desktop / scroll to the bottom and uncheck lock desktop.
Doesn't work. (It was off, but I toggled it and tried it, then toggled again and tried again.) When I hold down on the icon, I'm placed into the "put on home screen mode." I can drag it up to modify what launcher page it's on, but I can't seem to actually move it on the page.

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
are you in the app drawer or home screens?
If the app drawer consists of the screens from which one launches apps, that's where I am. (I tap the circle-apps icon on the home screen to get to the apps, and that's where I am when I'm trying to move them on the page.)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: What is a "Launcher" and what are the best ones out there?!

yep

---------- Post Merged at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:15 PM ----------

but you can hide what you don't want or make more tabs across the top like your widget tab. You can have a tab for samsung apps, google apps, multimedia apps. whatever... or you can make then same in folders instead of tabs. but the tabs are cool. swype right and left through the different tabs and scroll up and down in each tab to see all the apps.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Nova makes it easy, too. Just go into the Nova Settings and scroll down to "Select Default Home". Check the "Use by default for this action" checkbox and then select Nova Launcher.

Did that already. But can I disable TouchWiz is what I'm asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781