1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Text on WiFi ??

Hi, I had a evo phone before I got my GS3 and I think but dont remember but if I was in a area where I had no signal but had WiFi my text seem to still work,,, Am I wrong ?? Anyway I go to this local bar in my area which has NO SERVICE due to the building I guess as no one in the bar has a signal on any carrier, but they do have WiFI is there a setting somewhere on this phone or some way that I can text over WiFi with out having a airave??

Thank you !

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Default Re: Text on WiFi ??

I don't think you can send traditional "text messages" with Wifi only (no phone/data connection from your carrier). You can always use a program like AIM or ICQ of course. Are those services even available any more?
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I believe SMS and MMS runs on the same connection as voice calls, separate from mobile data (3G/4G) & WiFi.

You can use Google Voice to get your text messages on WiFi. Do the Sprint Google Voice integration to use your current phone number. I put my phone in airplane mode and then turn on WiFi to conserve battery, while still being able to send & receive texts.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Talking Re: Text on WiFi ??

Use kik messenger or Facebook messenger. They both use wifi and have delivered and read notifications. And both or across platforms. I use kik more and I know you'll like it

Just send your text as a multi media msg by attaching a picture it should go thru

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by: