Google Play Services Pushed to My Phone

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I Had it on mine also and so far the uninstall is holding. Anyone know why it was pushed?

ETA: Based on the hours it said I believe it was pushed around 4am est.

Last edited:

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Had the same thing happen to me just now.

Now i have to find a way to remove that forced connectivity from google so I dont receive any more surprise installs from them. I certainly do not agree that they can push apps into my phone without my consent and warning, much less some crap I do not even need at the moment. It can be a harmless app that says hello, I don't like 10 people deciding that this 'has' to be in my phone. Funny thing is that i noticed the install because of LBE that notified me that an app was installed.

If its needed in the future I will download and install it myself.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Had the same thing happen to me just now.

Now i have to find a way to remove that forced connectivity from google so I dont receive any more surprise installs from them. I certainly do not agree that they can push apps into my phone without my consent and warning, much less some crap I do not even need at the moment. It can be a harmless app that says hello, I don't like 10 people deciding that this 'has' to be in my phone. Funny thing is that i noticed the install because of LBE that notified me that an app was installed.

If its needed in the future I will download and install it myself.

LBE ???

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
From Android Police:

Artem Russakovskii MOD

Basically, this is a component that developers need to be present on devices if they want to implement the capabilities Google Play Service provides, which are currently limited to:
- OAuth 2.0 authentication
- Google+ sign-in
- Google+ +1 button

It may not seem like much now, but Google is going to grow functionality in the future.

So this app here is the phone/tablet component that is needed for the apps to work. Such apps haven't implemented the new functionality yet as it just got released today, but I'm sure you'll start seeing them soon. A +1 button in apps is going to go a long way.

Your device's Play Store should automatically install this library, but you can download it manually in case it doesn't, or if you ever reinstall a ROM without it, for example.

Posted by Liam Spradlin in Android OS, Applications, Google, News

Just after initially unveiling Google Play Services, Google has made the APK installable directly from the Play Store.
For those who missed the announcement, Google Play Services is an APK rolling out automatically to devices running Android 2.2+ that will allow Android apps to easily integrate with Google services like Google+. At present, the app (which is in version 1.0 "Asiago") includes components and relevant client APIs for OAuth 2.0 authentication, Google+ sign-in, and Google+ +1 buttons. Google assures users that "we anticipate more Google services to be continuously added, so be on the lookout for these updates."

The Google Play Services app began rolling out through the Play Store automatically, primarily in order to keep updates to the service independent of carrier or OEM updates. It can now be downloaded directly from the Play Store, however, and apps reliant on Google Play Services can automatically take users to the download page using an unsearchable "deep link" in the Play Store when needed.
The app's rollout is expected to complete within a week, but if you're for whatever reason itching to get the Google Play Services app on your device right away, or ever need to download/update it manually in the future, hit the widget below.

Last edited:

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
LBE Privacy Guard is a program that runs in the background wearing down your battery and using valuable resources in order to prevent any programs from installing on your phone that run in the background, wear down your battery and use valuable resources. :)

psyjoe59

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for you. Google Play Services popped up on my phone on Wednesday and it appeared to me that it came with an update with my Battery HD app, like somehow is was bundled (after reading this post, obviously it was not) together. And unfortunately, I deleted the Google Play Services app today before I checked the internet to see if anyone else had had this problem. I did send a letter to Battery HD since that is when it seemed to appear and of course, they had no idea what I was talking about. I was going to delete the app and then re-install the app, but I could not find it anywhere after I deleted it. You stated in your post that you put a widget below, but I do not see where it is that you put the widget. So, can you send me a link to my e-mail or a link on here? Thank you!