1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 screen temporarily goes black

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but over the past week or so when I'm using my S3 the screen with go blank as if it's opening an app then return to the function I was originally doing. Mostly while using the browser... Also when playing games my phone will do the same thing but close me out of the game completely...I love this phone but can't find any related forums for my particular issue.... Any insight would help...(it just went black then back while this forum...)

Default Re: Galaxy S3 screen temporarily goes black

I've seen it happen when running one particular game, when it seems to stop responding, and then quits after the screen comes back on. Probably the only way to minimize it is to limit the number of apps/services/synchronizations that might be running concurrently, but it's not a foolproof solution.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Rooted)

This happens to me when an app stops unexpectedly. Happened today, I opened facebook, and clicked the back button as it was starting. Locked up the app. Screen went black for 10 seconds, and i got the "Sorry, Facebook has stopped working".

Damn I thought it was the leaked Jelly Bean, Mine didn't start doing that till i loaded it.

I am facing this issue since I have got my S3 upgraded with latest update from Samsung. The phone is acting absurdly, hangs often. After use, it goes blank sceen. I have to restart it again and again. Anybody else who is facing these issues.

I am not able to detect the issue. Please help.

Madhur.

YES I am having exact same problem since the upgrade last week. My screen has gone blank and I have to remove battery and re-insert it to bring the phone back to life. Utter garbage update.. does it about 4 times a day.

Sigh. This has been repeated so many times, in so many threads, by so many people, I'm surprised it isn't at the top of Google search results:

If, after applying an OTA update, you start having issues with the phone, they will almost always be solved by doing a factory reset. Be sure to back up all your data, first.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3