Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By meyerweb
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Can't see thumbnails of pictures when connected to computer...

I love this forum, someone always has the answer. When connected to my computer via USB and I go to my pictures I cannot see them untill I open them, I mean there is no thumbnail to see which is which????? I have my computer set to see thumbnails and I see them on all my other things.. Any thoughts on this? Am I just missing something simple. BTW my pictures are stored on my SD card.. Thanks !

Default Re: Can't see thumbnails of pictures when connected to computer...

You have to copy the pictures to your hard drive to see the thumbs.
    Sorry

I have the same problem, it makes it hard to transfer specific pictures to the PC. My old HTC EVO 4G didn't have any problem with this, I just couldn't access the SD card from the phone while it was plugged into the PC.

Let everything go into your dropbox, then delete them off your phone
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by ariston72 View Post
    I have the same problem, it makes it hard to transfer specific pictures to the PC. My old HTC EVO 4G didn't have any problem with this, I just couldn't access the SD card from the phone while it was plugged into the PC.
    The way it was explained to me was phones using MTP and PTP do not have the ability to show the thumbnails. Your old evo read your memory card as a drive. These phones don't. You best work around would be to remove your sdcard and use a card reader to transfer your pictures. Sorry....
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

I have this problem with Samsung Note 2 too. The workaround solution is to use Samsung Kies.

Samsung Kies doesnt work!!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I now just use Dropbox it puts all my pics straight to computer then I have them..... Thanks for the response

I have the same problem. I see thumbnails but no viewable pictures in the thumbnails only a generic pic for all photo's on my phone. I have been on with Verizon tech support who have been unable to solve it. No matter which way I connect all thumbnail views only show generic pics and not actual photo thumbnamil. I guess the only way is import all 900 photo's from my S3 and then delete those I don't want on my PC? Crappy interface if you ask me! I asked for an Iphone here at work but got this crappy Galaxy. Funny thing is that on my home computer (An iMac) the Galaxy shows the thumbnails in iPhoto and I can selectively import on my MAC! Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by obi1kinobee View Post
    I asked for an Iphone here at work but got this crappy Galaxy. Funny thing is that on my home computer (An iMac) the Galaxy shows the thumbnails in iPhoto and I can selectively import on my MAC! Go figure!
    So it sounds like a crappy Windows issue, and not a crappy S3 issue, doesn't it?

Fanboy much?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    So it sounds like a crappy Windows issue, and not a crappy S3 issue, doesn't it?

Fanboy much?
    no that would be the s3 issue. windows was around long before the s3. and most other phones work with windows!

Sounds like you should do some research on the changes Android has made starting with JB.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

I've got a question. I have Motorola electrify and just imported all pictures to windows 8 desktop and wont let me view pictures thumbnails nothing. tryiny to transfew things around because my phone is not saving all pictures to memory card. can anyone help

Give us a little more information on what you've done. When you say "imported," do you mean you copied the images from the phone onto your computer's hard drive? Or are you trying to view the images while they're still on the phone?

Also, you say it's not saving "all" pictures to the card. Does that mean it's saving some to the card, but some to the internal memory? In the phone app, tap the gear icon, then scroll down to the bottom of all the options. What is displayed next to "storage"? If it doesn't say "memory card", tap there and select the memory card option.

My problem is the 99% of the time my computer doesn't see my phone which is kind of a pain when i want to charge it and read the files off of it

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

Well, that's a completely different issue, I think. Are you connecting to a USB port on the PC, or through a hub? If a hub, try using a port on the PC itself. And if you haven't already, try using a different cable, or a different USB port. Or even just reboot the PC.

Global Posts
    17,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by gotta have it android View Post
    My problem is the 99% of the time my computer doesn't see my phone which is kind of a pain when i want to charge it and read the files off of it
    Perhaps check to see if there is an updated driver file on the net?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    17,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Stewby85 View Post
    I love this forum, someone always has the answer. When connected to my computer via USB and I go to my pictures I cannot see them untill I open them, I mean there is no thumbnail to see which is which????? I have my computer set to see thumbnails and I see them on all my other things.. Any thoughts on this? Am I just missing something simple. BTW my pictures are stored on my SD card.. Thanks !
    Another suggestion is to create a file titled "To Computer" or along those lines...move pics there on your phone then connect to PC and move the files that way. However, when moving big files or large quantities of them, it's often faster to dismount the SD card, and use a card reader. Or at least I have noticed it's faster.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi

Haven't seen one pop up yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Perhaps check to see if there is an updated driver file on the net?

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

Global Posts
    17,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by gotta have it android View Post
    Haven't seen one pop up yet
    Try this: [USB Drivers][10-06-2012] SAMSUNG USB Drivers for Mobile Phones [x86 & x64] - xda-developers

See if that helps. You may have to also install 7zip, but its a good program, and may come in handy if your choose to download other ROMs and other files.

Phone Timeline

The simplest method i figered out is >>
    1. make a folder in ext or int sd card. Name it say mobile2pc
    2. Use any file explorer say es file manager.
    3. Look for thumbnails in android > cut and paste in mobile2pc folder.
    4. Keep filling it up till ur done. Simply connect to pc via usb and shift.

Verizon transfered my pics from my droid X2 to my razr hd no i cant view my pice that were transfered. I mean i can look at the on phone and i cant see them on computer. says un supported format or that i need to update photo viewer Please help my baby's pic are on there

AirPhotoViwer can view photo form pc on wifi https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=m.photoviewer

Help, new to smartphones period.. so this dropbox, do I download it on the phone or computer?

Found it, just had to look through this site. Awesome..Thanks.

http://androidforums.com/huawei-asce...scend-2-a.html