Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ExTheGod
  • 2 Post By Skunkape60
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kenmid's Avatar

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    How do I moved my apps to my SD Card, I have asphalt, fifa, batman, tiger woods these apps take up a lot of space, I want to move them to the SD Card?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    I just got my galaxy 3 and have the same issue. I downloaded app 2 sd, and tells me that it doesn't see my sd card possibly because is mounted as a virtual drive. I don't know if l should reformat the card but I suspect the may be another set up issue.

    Update:
    Well, it seems that g3 will not allow app to be moved to sd card unless is rooted.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Herduc; 10-03-2012 at 10:25 PM.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Yeah. Your device needs to be rooted in order to move apps to SD.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    _OMEGA_ likes this.
  4. #4  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by Herduc View Post
    I just got my galaxy 3 and have the same issue. I downloaded app 2 sd, and tells me that it doesn't see my sd card possibly because is mounted as a virtual drive. I don't know if l should reformat the card but I suspect the may be another set up issue.

    Update:
    Well, it seems that g3 will not allow app to be moved to sd card unless is rooted.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Yes you must be rooted. Another point is that your sdcard must be formatted to fat32 or fat16 file system. If you format the sdcard on your phone it formats it to exfat which won't work. Also if you have a 64gb sdcard it will come preformatted with exfat and will require to be formatted to fat32 or fat16 file system prior to rooting, if you plan to flash from external storage.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
    _OMEGA_ and Ryan_Clark like this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    I am new to android phone and I am not savvy enough to understand your comment. Would you mind explaining two issues in plain English?
    First one is formatting SD card to FAT 32 or 16. Which formatting method should I use for Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
    Second one is "rooting". Would you give me more detail instructions and explanation as to how to do this?
    Many thanks.
    John Park
  6. #6  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by John7275 View Post
    I am new to android phone and I am not savvy enough to understand your comment. Would you mind explaining two issues in plain English?
    First one is formatting SD card to FAT 32 or 16. Which formatting method should I use for Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
    Second one is "rooting". Would you give me more detail instructions and explanation as to how to do this?
    Many thanks.
    John Park
    You should be going to the Galaxy Note forums for information pertaining to the Galaxy Note.

    As for formatting to fat32 this is not require anymore. He has several zips now. Just be sure to flash the correct file for your file system...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by ExTheGod View Post
    Yeah. Your device needs to be rooted in order to move apps to SD.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    I'm kind of curious...what does rooting do when your apps are installed to its regular location? Does another option open up in the Application Manager to "Move to SDCard" for all apps automatically? I have used that Apps2SD Pro on my older phones, but ran across the same thing as the herduc. What is the way to move apps from sitting on the Sdcard to ExtSdcard?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by Ytsejamer1 View Post
    I'm kind of curious...what does rooting do when your apps are installed to its regular location? Does another option open up in the Application Manager to "Move to SDCard" for all apps automatically? I have used that Apps2SD Pro on my older phones, but ran across the same thing as the herduc. What is the way to move apps from sitting on the Sdcard to ExtSdcard?
    Nothing changes in the application manager. You can use a third party app like Titanium Backup to do it.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by 42rj21 View Post
    Nothing changes in the application manager. You can use a third party app like Titanium Backup to do it.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    This phone uses mtp. You can't move apps to the sdcard with this phone. There is a mod that you can flash (if rooted) that swaps your sdcard and phone storage. So that you phone storage becomes your sdcard and your sdcard becomes your phone storage. That is the only way you can move apps to your sdcard with this phone. It's that way with all phones that use mtp.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  10. #10  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    This phone uses mtp. You can't move apps to the sdcard with this phone. There is a mod that you can flash (if rooted) that swaps your sdcard and phone storage. So that you phone storage becomes your sdcard and your sdcard becomes your phone storage. That is the only way you can move apps to your sdcard with this phone. It's that way with all phones that use mtp.
    I agree, besides, don't the applications run faster using the internal phone memory? I have a 64gb card which I use mainly for my media files, my applications only uses less than 2gb of my internal memory. I don't see the need to move them to the sd card, the way I use my phone.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by Herduc View Post
    I agree, besides, don't the applications run faster using the internal phone memory? I have a 64gb card which I use mainly for my media files, my applications only uses less than 2gb of my internal memory. I don't see the need to move them to the sd card, the way I use my phone.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Yup... your internal memory is probably faster than the fastest external sdcard. So until you actually need the space, I wouldn't do that mod.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by 2:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    can u send the mod link..?
  13. #13  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna Siripuram View Post
    can u send the mod link..?
    Use at you own risk. READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE USING THIS MOD. Lost off people haven't gotten it to work.

    [MOD]App2ExtSD2 [Works for all U.S. Galaxy S3!]
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  14. #14  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Hi All,

    I guess this is a good place to start. I am waiting for my new GS3 to be delivered, in the mean time I have trying to prepare for the exchange from on phone to the other. My question is this, I now have the original evo4g and some of my apps are on the sd card. So when I get the GS3 and activate it and sign into my gmail account, will all my contacts, apps, etc be transfered to the GS3? and will the apps that are on the evo sd card still work or do i have to move them back to the evo before the swapp?? any suggestion would be helpful..

    Thanks,
  15. #15  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by HamRadioNut View Post
    Hi All,

    I guess this is a good place to start. I am waiting for my new GS3 to be delivered, in the mean time I have trying to prepare for the exchange from on phone to the other. My question is this, I now have the original evo4g and some of my apps are on the sd card. So when I get the GS3 and activate it and sign into my gmail account, will all my contacts, apps, etc be transfered to the GS3? and will the apps that are on the evo sd card still work or do i have to move them back to the evo before the swapp?? any suggestion would be helpful..

    Thanks,
    If your contacts are stored on the Google cloud yes. I believe during setup you can tell the phone to restore your apps as well if they were backed up to your Google account
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    If your contacts are stored on the Google cloud yes. I believe during setup you can tell the phone to restore your apps as well if they were backed up to your Google account
    How can I tell if they are stored on the Google Cloud....??
  17. #17  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by HamRadioNut View Post
    How can I tell if they are stored on the Google Cloud....??
    As far as your contacts go, sign into your Google account on your computer. Go to gmail, look at your contacts. Do they match what's on your phone? Then they are good to go.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  18. #18  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    As far as your contacts go, sign into your Google account on your computer. Go to gmail, look at your contacts. Do they match what's on your phone? Then they are good to go.
    Thanks for all your help, most of my contacts are there but there are a few that are missing. How do I get those in there? I'm pretty sure I have sync turned on but why would some be missing??


    I think what has happen is a while back I had to change my gmail account password on from the pc, and I thing the account on my phone is using a different password. So it goes through the sync motions etc...but the contacts that are missing don't show up when I look at them with the pc. I though about deleting the account and re-creating it, but the phone says if I delete the account it will remove all the contacts on my phone, and I don't want to do that. So far I have not found a way to update the password on my phone.


    I found the problem. I discovered the contacts that were not syncing was because when I created them on my phone I created them as a PHONE contact instead of a GOOGLE contact so the phone only syncs GOOGLE contacts. I had to delete the contact and re-create it as a google contact, so now they are syncing normally...

    Thanks again for all your help...

    Hamradionut
    Last edited by HamRadioNut; 12-16-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Problem Solved....!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Hot do I root my samsung s3 ???
  20. #20  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by methisguy11 View Post
    Hot do I root my samsung s3 ???
    Look at the top of the Sprint GS3 forum? See that big, bold link that says " Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs and Hacks"? That might be a good place to start.

    If your S3 is NOT a U.S. Sprint Galaxy S3, then you're in the wrong place, and ignore the link I posted above.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Here is my problem: A couple of apps were being updated (automatically) and failed to finish updating due to insufficient memory. I checked my storage memory and it shows that "miscellaneous files" are taking up too much of my Device Memory. My SD Card memory has about 10.01GB Available Space / 14.62GB Total Space. After seeing this, I tried transferring my photos in my gallery into the sd card but it says "Unable to move. File already exists." I checked the 'camera' album that saved to sd card but there isn't a copy or anything of the pictures I tried to move. Another problem I'm having is that when I tried to delete some pictures saved in the camera album under the sd card, it'll delete it and then pops back up in the album. Why? I've tried changing the setting in the camera to save to sd card and it'll have the sd icon in the top right hand side but when I take a picture (with & with out flash) it says "cannot write file in sd card. Default storage is changed to phone storage." How do I free up tons of space on my device memory? Can I delete apps or widgets that came on the phone when I purchased it, like flipbox, those tons of clocks (besides the one im using), etc,.?
  22. #22  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: How do I moved apps to SD Card????

    Quote Originally Posted by JonsoNuts View Post
    Here is my problem: A couple of apps were being updated (automatically) and failed to finish updating due to insufficient memory. I checked my storage memory and it shows that "miscellaneous files" are taking up too much of my Device Memory. My SD Card memory has about 10.01GB Available Space / 14.62GB Total Space. After seeing this, I tried transferring my photos in my gallery into the sd card but it says "Unable to move. File already exists." I checked the 'camera' album that saved to sd card but there isn't a copy or anything of the pictures I tried to move. Another problem I'm having is that when I tried to delete some pictures saved in the camera album under the sd card, it'll delete it and then pops back up in the album. Why? I've tried changing the setting in the camera to save to sd card and it'll have the sd icon in the top right hand side but when I take a picture (with & with out flash) it says "cannot write file in sd card. Default storage is changed to phone storage." How do I free up tons of space on my device memory? Can I delete apps or widgets that came on the phone when I purchased it, like flipbox, those tons of clocks (besides the one im using), etc,.?
    I would suggest getting an app called Clean Master from Play. It will clean up any cache you have, wipe residual files and such. Before doing that, I would connect your phone to your PC, and transfer any files you have that don't need to be there (pictures, videos, etc) until this can be fixed. Clear out your internal storage as much as you can. When done, attempt the updates again, and install the cleaner app and run it. Also probably wouldn't be a bad idea to clear out your SD card as well.

    As for deleting apps/widgets that came pre-installed on your phone, you can disable them through the Application Manager, but as for deleting them, you can't until you are rooted and acquire appropriate apps like Titanium.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Similar Threads

  1. how do you move apps to the sd card?
    By crow11ad in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 05:40 AM
  2. How would one move apps to SD card?
    By silverthornne in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 12:27 PM
  3. how to move apps to SD card
    By rob51821 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 06:32 AM
  4. How do you move apps to your sd card?
    By dwh1996 in forum Sprint Photon
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 03:04 PM
  5. How do I store apps to SD card?
    By EndlessGlory in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 01:24 AM

Posting Permissions