1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with earphone connection

Although I do not have any earphones connected to my Samsung Galaxy S3, the phone thinks I do and has no sounds audible. If I do plug in earphones, they work fine. But, unplugging them does not remove the earphones connected icon, nor does normal sound return. Is there a setting that will correct this problem, or should I seek repair? I have tried powering down and re-booting, with no success. Any suggestions?
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Problem with earphone connection

This first thing they (Sprint) will do is factory reset your phone. If it's software related that will likely fix it. If I were you, I would perform a factory reset and if it doesn't fix it take it in for repair.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
    nebold 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, Skunkape 60. I don't know what I did, but the earphone problem magically went away and the phone is operating normally. I think I will still take it in for a factory reset just to be sure (relatively) that it won't do it again!
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by nebold View Post
    Thanks, Skunkape 60. I don't know what I did, but the earphone problem magically went away and the phone is operating normally. I think I will still take it in for a factory reset just to be sure (relatively) that it won't do it again!
    Don't take it in for that. Go to settings / backup and reset at the bottom of the choice to factory reset. Very easy... Even a caveman can do it.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks again. Even saved me a trip to Sprint!

If it does pop up again. Try an app in the market called SoundAbout. It has helped a lot of S3 users with this issue.

My earphones volume controller is not working while I increase my
    volume it decreases & even I try to change my song by pressing double
    Click it decreases the volume
    I can't change song & I can't even increase my volume

That soundabout worked for me, thank-you!

i am using galaxy grand. while playing games, i closed some music applications. Atomatically, my volume is not coming.i used only loud speaker for talking... i tried so many ways.. even i have formated my device.. still it doesnt work.. finally after reading this blog.. installing soundAbout fixed my issue. there is a bug in the android system.. they need to provide update for this.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh22n View Post
    i am using galaxy grand. while playing games, i closed some music applications. Atomatically, my volume is not coming.i used only loud speaker for talking... i tried so many ways.. even i have formated my device.. still it doesnt work.. finally after reading this blog.. installing soundAbout fixed my issue. there is a bug in the android system.. they need to provide update for this.

Post Re: Problem with earphone connection

hi,iam using samsung galaxy s4 mini.in my mob suddenly shown ear phone icon and i can not speak normally.if i put in speaker or connecting earphone only i can hear the voice. iam so worried..pls give me a suggestion.what to do?

Am having exactly the same problem... can only answer phone if plug earphones in
    Have been told to factory reset but then lose pictures, texts, everything!!
    If find out more information will let you know..

I'm trying to connect my earphones to Samsung, but the icon won't pop up. the earphones don't work, either. I can use them fine on any other device– but the Samsung phone is just stubborn. How can I get my earphones to connect to my Samsung phone?

Don't know if this will help with no sound, but for the pop-up, try this:

Go to Settings / Display, make sure Page Buddy is set to 'On,' then tap that row and make sure Earphones page is checked.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3