Roiter/wifi

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Dont know much about wifi routers . My son is constantly playing games online...my youtube is constantly buffering...is that my crappy router or something wrong with my phone..i have an older belkin router...am i sharing the wifi signal with him??

sent from my badazz sammy s3...

mikeyg164#AC

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Could be one or several things causing it. First off, what speed is your internet at home? Like 20mb down/5mb up? Or are you using something slower. If you have a slow connection then playing online games and streaming video may be more then it can handle. Next question is how does he play games? On a gaming console or a PC and how does it get its internet?

If you have a fast internet connection then you may be having other issues. We really need a full break down of your home network to help.

Also are you using the app to view YouTube videos or are you using the phones browser?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok mikey...he plays from the console...not sure about my speed on pc...i use the youtube app...he uses the wifi router that i and my wife and daughter use for our phones..i have comcast internet with windows xp...old school i know...router is old too

sent from my badazz sammy s3...

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered having him turn off the video game and then trying youtube on your phone? Wouldn't that answer your question? (I doubt it's the problem.)

Run a speedtest off your phone. If you are getting several megs down (you said comcast, right?), it's not the router. (possible, but probably not the problem)

Tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling? Try clearing the cache and force stopping it to clear the memory and reset it.

Try other wifi sources while you out and see how it reacts.

mikeyg164#AC

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered having him turn off the video game and then trying youtube on your phone? Wouldn't that answer your question? (I doubt it's the problem.)

Run a speedtest off your phone. If you are getting several megs down (you said comcast, right?), it's not the router. (possible, but probably not the problem)

Tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling? Try clearing the cache and force stopping it to clear the memory and reset it.

Try other wifi sources while you out and see how it reacts.

I agree with everything he said but I would add that since you have a older router, it may not be capable of supporting multiple devices simultaneously while streaming data. So your bottle neck may literally be in the air so to speak . Basic comcast broadband should be more then enough bandwidth to support what your doing.

I would go buy a new b/g/n wifi router. I think that would solve it...but before I bought one I would try what tndank suggests

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX