5ghz WiFi Issues - No Connections
I'm having issues being able to connect to my 5ghz wifi at home.
My phone won't search for any 5ghz signals. Doesn't the wifi antenna allow for 5ghz signals or just 2.4ghz?
I've searched under the advanced tab of wifi for some sort of options, but there's nothing.
- 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM #2
- 10-08-2012, 08:51 AM #3
- 10-09-2012, 04:26 PM #4
Re: 5ghz WiFi Issues - No Connections
We had an option to enable or disable selected bands. When the LG8 update hit that killed the option to select it.
People who had both bands on prior to that update still have access to 5ghz, like my self. Im connected to a 5ghz router at my office now.. But if you had the 5ghz band turned off, and the LG8 update hit, it permanently disabled the band. It was a known bug. Now that LI3 is out it seems to have not been addressed.
Download WiFi Analyzer, when it opens you have the option to select the 5GHZ band and see if your device actaully sees your router broadcasting its SSID.
- By jmel in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 3Last Post: 04-07-2011, 07:38 PM
- By PhoenixMike in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 8Last Post: 01-31-2011, 01:33 AM
- By jenbeast#AC in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 11-17-2010, 03:01 PM
- By jcochranusn in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 9Last Post: 09-24-2010, 05:49 PM
- By alosenster in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 2Last Post: 09-13-2010, 09:53 AM