New here.

Mr.P.

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Just inttroducing myself. Also have a quick question, when i get a text or email alert and read them Why does the number not dissappear from the icons? I mean is there a setting? They do disapear after restarting the phone.
Still enjoying the phone after being a long time blackberry user tho. Thanks in advance for help on this matter

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Are you just hitting the home button after reading text/email, or are you using the back button? Sometimes, just hitting the home button doesn't refresh the count.

Go into settings, application manager, select all on top right and scroll down to email and clear cache and data. Do the same for messaging. That should work. If not, let us know!

Mr.P.

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Are you just hitting the home button after reading text/email, or are you using the back button? Sometimes, just hitting the home button doesn't refresh the count.

Go into settings, application manager, select all on top right and scroll down to email and clear cache and data. Do the same for messaging. That should work. If not, let us know!

I've actually done it both ways. I will try clearing the cache and data and see if this works. Thanks again for the response.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I've cleared the cache and data and still showing the numbers. Any other suggestions? Thanks

OK...I know this might be a pain but delete all email and messages from phone (you can back them up if you want). Then clear cache and data. Try some txt messages. If it works, then re-install all your email and texts.

This app works well and it's free.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pRestore&feature=search_result&token=Lk0JuReI..

I personally use My Backup Pro, but to use all features...you have to pay for it. I personally have not had this problem your describing so I'm runnin' blind here!! Give us time to fix this....we.will get it....I promise....

EDIT: You can also try removing the widgets/apps off your home screen....clear cache/data....then put them back....