Any Dropbox users out there?

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
1) I installed Dropbox and I was expecting 50Gb but only got 2Gb. Is there a way to get the additional storage?
2) It seems very slow from the phone (fast on the PC). Is that normal?
3) Can you access your Dropbox files and folders through a rooted file manager like root explorer?

Thanks.

aznberry

May 13, 2010
Visit site
1) I installed Dropbox and I was expecting 50Gb but only got 2Gb. Is there a way to get the additional storage?
3) Can you access your Dropbox files and folders through a rooted file manager like root explorer?

Thanks.

Just follow the steps.. Download dropbox on your computer, laptop and etc..

Invite your friends to join.

I got a total of 55 gig..

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

Bear in mind that it's not a free service.

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
It's possible the "free upgrade to 50 GB" was a time-limited promotion that has ended. (I got 50 GB.)

Not if my experience is any indication. It's pretty fast. I only see loading lag for particularly large files (4 MB+).

ghuslez28

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I started at 2gigs but I invited some people also I recently purchased the GS3 so I got an extra 50gigs for buy the phone. Also DB runs as an app so you won't see the files in the file system like you would on your pc.
Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought the gs3 about 2 weeks ago, signed up for dropbox, followed their starter guide and i have 52gig for 2 yrs at no cost. After the 2 yrs, i'm sure there is a cost.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think you have to sign up or into your account from the original setup screen to get the 50 free gb. When you setup your phone it asks you to setup the dropbox. So do a nandroid then a factory reset. When you sign into your phone for the 1st time set up or sign into your dropbox. It took a day for the 50 gb to show in my account.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I think you have to sign up or into your account from the original setup screen to get the 50 free gb. When you setup your phone it asks you to setup the dropbox. So do a nandroid then a factory reset. When you sign into your phone for the 1st time set up or sign into your dropbox. It took a day for the 50 gb to show in my account.

Hmm, I signed up when I bought the phone 2 months ago. Kinda forgot about it and never used it until now, and there is only 2Gb. I did a wipe data/factory reset when installing the JB leak last week. I don't remember Dropbox coming up on the initial setup. Maybe I skipped it. Will try next time I do factory reset. Thanks.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't start over man! I think you can get it from going to the sync accounts section and connecting your account. There. When you log in it should prompt you.

FBPD10

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a Drop Box Account before i heard about the promotion and was stuck with the 2gb. I then emailed the help section and they walked me thru the steps needed to get the other 50gb.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't start over man! I think you can get it from going to the sync accounts section and connecting your account. There. When you log in it should prompt you.

Relax... i was suggesting that he make a nandroid backup. Do a factory reset. Sign in from his initial login. After completing the login, do a custom restore of just his data and he's right back where he was 4 minutes before. Not starting over at all... :D

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

I removed my sync account and entered a new one with a different email address. The phone still recognized that I already had an account. Might have to try the factory reset suggestion.

Last edited:

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
What happens to our stuff after the 2 years is up? If we have over 2gb? Do we lose that what's over the free 2gb?

Sent from my Galaxy Slll using TapaTalk!

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I had a Drop Box Account before i heard about the promotion and was stuck with the 2gb. I then emailed the help section and they walked me thru the steps needed to get the other 50gb.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Did this entail sending an email out to 25 friends?

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my SGH-T999

This was the winner (certainly the easiest). The biggest problem was accessing their email address. Like all web sites they hide it well. I received a response in 15 minutes!

"Hi Larry,

Congrats on becoming a Dropbox Guru
! We've awarded you 48 GB of bonus space for the next 24 months! You now have 50.75 GB on Dropbox. To get even more space, check out our upgrade options.
Thanks again for supercharging your Samsung device with Dropbox!
Enjoy,
- The Dropbox Team

I am moving my music and pictures as we speak. I hope I don't lose any speed up in the cloud.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Relax... i was suggesting that he make a nandroid backup. Do a factory reset. Sign in from his initial login. After completing the login, do a custom restore of just his data and he's right back where he was 4 minutes before. Not starting over at all... :D

Haha. Touch?.

middlebill

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
After some research, I found that Astro File Manager actually reads the files just like internal storage or the SD card.

ES File Explorer does as well and supports other cloud storage too, like Box & Google Drive. The integration is pretty good and you can copy files from one service to another using ES.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech