Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Update Problem

After the most recent OTA update, I've noticed that there will be times that under battery settings, ANDROID SYSTEM will use anywhere from 35-70% of the battery, causing it to quickly drain.

Resetting, and taking out the battery doesn't do anything. I also cleared cache and it didn't solve the problem. I charged the phone to 100 until the light turned green and that seems to have worked as now the Android system is only using 4%. However, "Cell Standby" is now up to 46%. It's as if cell standby and android system take turns switching on being the greater battery drain.

When Android System was the primary problem, I hit the refresh button on the top right corner under the battery setting and it would say, "GSIFF Daemon" which after some research seems to be gyroscope related.

I was getting great battery life prior to the latest Sprint update for the phone.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Default Re: Sprint Update Problem

Quote Originally Posted by seoulbrova View Post
    After the most recent OTA update, I've noticed that there will be times that under battery settings, ANDROID SYSTEM will use anywhere from 35-70% of the battery, causing it to quickly drain.

Resetting, and taking out the battery doesn't do anything. I also cleared cache and it didn't solve the problem. I charged the phone to 100 until the light turned green and that seems to have worked as now the Android system is only using 4%. However, "Cell Standby" is now up to 46%. It's as if cell standby and android system take turns switching on being the greater battery drain.

When Android System was the primary problem, I hit the refresh button on the top right corner under the battery setting and it would say, "GSIFF Daemon" which after some research seems to be gyroscope related.

I was getting great battery life prior to the latest Sprint update for the phone.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
    Take it in to the Sprint and have it looked at. Take some screen shots before you go in to show them what is going on with your phone.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint Update Problem

Having the exact same issue post update battery life is horrible and my android system is showing more than 40%. Even did a factory reset and still having same issue. Be interested what others are experiencing.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2