How to transfer text messages to S3?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Download SMS Backup and Restore and backup the messages on your old phone. Transfer the backup file to your new phone and restore using the app.

Sent from my SGSIII

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Download SMS Backup and Restore and backup the messages on your old phone. Transfer the backup file to your new phone and restore using the app.

Sent from my SGSIII

This is the way to go. The evo does not back up the text messages in a way that can be read by the gs3. The only way I know to do this is a stand alone app. SMS Backup does as well as any of them.

web0rama

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've used Google Voice for several years now so I've never had to worry about this...highly recommended, especially for Sprint users!

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Use back up & message to email in the app store it backs up everything to your gmail. Its has a little blue envelope with orange hands as the icon. Can't remember the developer right now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

boardtc

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks @Yung_Dilla! After trying various recommended apps which either crashed or dis not have a restore option when moving phones they go sms pro & dropbox plugin (free) worked flawlessly

User Unknown2

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I know this thread is for S3 but I was reading it to find out how to transfer my txt to new phone. Had a Droid Pro with micro card. Now have a Turbo. After reading this I downloaded several SMS Backup & Restore apps. The only one that worked and is totally amazing has a brownish coloring filing cabinet. The creator is MDroid Apps. Plugged old phone into computer via USB cable. DL'd the app, Exported to Dropbox, DL'd app to new phone, Imported from Dropbox - Everything is there!! All the way back to my deceased spouse's last txt in 2010.

Thank you for creating this thread and for the information!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The only one that worked and is totally amazing has a brownish coloring filing cabinet. The creator is MDroid Apps.
You could try using an app like Share Apps http://market.android.com/details?id=com.theronrogers.shareapps to share the actual link to the application in question https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.mdroidapps.smsbackuprestore&token=YYjr5WlC rather than describing the color of the icon, etc.
Also please note that this app (and the majority of similar apps) only backup SMS, not MMS. The most reliable way to backup MMS is to use the Kies software on your computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs