Text Messages - From iPhone to Galaxy S3

guertie

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy s2 doesn't always receive texts from IPhones or IPhones gets my galaxy texts with it saying s

I dont receive texts messages from IPhones either. I have tmobile with a galaxy s2...I can be in same room &not recieve texts from IPhone! So who is having an issue, IPhones or my Samsung galaxy????? Its a big inconvience & can mess with ur plans as it did mine. A friend sent 2 texts at different times using her iPhone..never received them! Got her phone message & then got her texts today, yes I got her texts today.....SO WHAT IS THE ISSUE...IPHONE OR ANDROID???

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s2 doesn't always receive texts from IPhones or IPhones gets my galaxy texts with it sayi

I dont receive texts messages from IPhones either. I have tmobile with a galaxy s2...I can be in same room ? recieve texts from IPhone! So who is having an issue, IPhones or my Samsung galaxy????? Its a big inconvience & can mess with ur plans as it did mine. A friend sent 2 texts at different times using her iPhone..never received them! Got her phone message & then got her texts today, yes I got her texts today.....SO WHAT IS THE ISSUE...IPHONE OR ANDROID???

Did you previously have a iPhone? If so, read the posts above about having your carrier disable iMessage. And then ask Apple why they can't simply use the industry standard approach that EVERY other phone manufacturer uses.

Delayed texts are usually a carrier issue. I get texts from iPhone users without any problems.

bayansonger

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s2 doesn't always receive texts from IPhones or IPhones gets my galaxy texts with it sayi

As an Android Phone user, I'd like to share my experience of transferring data between Android Phone and iPhone with you.
As far as I am concerned, Phone Transfer is the best Android Manager tool that I have ever used. It can transfer files between Android phone and iPhone in seconds. It can help you push contacts from your iPhone to android phone with a click, also transfer contents from your android phone to iPhone easily.
Read more at Android Data Recovery, Samsung Photo Recovery, Android Transfer

Last edited:

Trevor Ostrom

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Shameless stolen from cleave @ droidforums

forum/droid-razr-maxx/225787-not-getting-text-messages-iphones.html

Here's what the problem is:
Apple's iMessage essentially intercepts all "text messages" from the iPhone. It checks if the recipient has an iPhone or not. If not, it will send as a text instead of an iMessage. It seems to do a really horrible job of detecting that someone has left the iPhone world. Some of your friends phones must still think you are in Apple land.

Heres what to do:

Go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
Click on "edit products"
Click on the "x" to the right of the product.
Click "unregister"

Hope this works.

rugbymurf

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me. At first I found that they were going to my iPad into iMessage land there. So I went into my settings there and made sure that it was set that the phone number was no longer associated with iMessage. And actually turned iMessage off completely for my iPad too. But iPhone messages are still going into the ether and not to my Galaxy in most iPhone cases. I was puzzled why a few people with iPhones could get through, but now that you said that about them turning off iMessage, that must be the difference. It's infuriating. Some people definitely think I'm ignoring them.

rugbymurf

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Meyerweb, but the thread didn't initially show me all the messages. I have deleted my imessage account and the texts are still going missing. I guess I'm going to have to go through my 500 or so contacts and send messages to the 50 or so iPhone contacts I know who I really need to make the change on their end. This really is ed. It does make me mad at Apple. Although I like some aspects of their technology.

Murf

Nancy MacInnis

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem (unfortunately no answer). If I send a text from my SG3 to an iPhone user and they reply, the reply will go to my iPad but not to my SG3. It's a pain because sometimes I don't get the reply until much later in the day.

willizen

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So some device of yours still has your phone number linked to imessage, thus when your friend tries to send you an imessage, the servers automatically route it to whatever device is still linked, as opposed to sending a text message. Make sure every imessage device you have has your phone number unlinked. You can go to settings -> imessage -> and then I think it's accounts. You should be able to unselect your cell phone number under there. Once that is done on every device you own, that should be it. You can also reset your apple ID password if none of the above works. Calling apple would be your next bet.

I switch occasionally from an iphone to an android phone, and before I do, I always unselect my phone number in the imessage account tab from my ipad, my MBA and iphone. I do this before I switch phones just to give it a little while to propagate through the server, even though it's generally instantaneous.

Lisa Finney

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
One of these days I will start here to find info. My friend and I both had Iphone 4's which I used for a week and gave it to my son, then went back to my Samsung. Since then, we are not able to text each other. I sent her the info I received from here. So I don't know yet if that resolves it. However, I suspect it will. Also, before all of this, my daughter got her 1st Iphone 5. I was using my old Samsung. She would receive my tx but I didn't get hers unless she sent as a pic msg. We were able to tx each other fine of course during my week of h$() with the Iphone (I probably would have liked it if it was a 4S or 5, but the 4 was the only one free). Once I went back to the Samsung our texting was still fine. So hoping the posted info with fix things. Ya just can't NOT be able to text your bff.

peterthedino

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey, if anyone is still having problems with this, I found a solution that worked for me:

After sending the message from the iphone, have the sender hold down a finger on the sent message. That will bring up the option to resend it as a text message. Do this with about 3 or 4 consecutive messages and eventually the iphone will give up trying to use imessage. Hope this helped. Worked for me.

a_pirates_heart

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

Ok i created an account here to tell you that it works if you go to apple and deactivate your device!!! I was having the problem where all apple phone users's text messages were going to my iPad. Very annoying when 60 percent of ppl i know have one. Go to apple sign in with your apple id and deactivate your old phone. Im so happy i didnt want to have to trade in this phone and go back to iphone

fiddleeatworld

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the problem is, but I solve this issue by downloading GO SMS PRO on my SIII and now I can receive messages from everyone! Try it out, it works like a charm!

slittle#AC

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank You Justin - worked like a charm and no one has to make changes. I had to do this with my new Galaxy 4 - weird. Sometimes I would get messages to both phones, sometimes only to one, and this happened only from my mom.