Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Does anyone using Florida or Jacksonville seen any LTE yet? S4guru said for Jacksonville should see first sites in september but I haven't picked anything up yet

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  2. #2  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    I havent seen anything yet and I just checked to see if I was in CDMA/LTE/EVDO mode.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    I havent seen anything yet and I just checked to see if I was in CDMA/LTE/EVDO mode.
    I always am. Just waiting for the day to see that 4g symbol.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Man I'm in South Florida and if we don't have LTE by the end of the year I may just be done with Sprint. I understand it takes time to do the upgrades and stuff but I don't feel like waiting much longer

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    I'm in the Tampa Bay area and there is nothing here yet and I agree with EX, if they do not get LTE in the bay area that would be pretty bad.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by ExTheGod View Post
    Man I'm in South Florida and if we don't have LTE by the end of the year I may just be done with Sprint. I understand it takes time to do the upgrades and stuff but I don't feel like waiting much longer

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I can understand the frustration for sure. I just like unlimited data since I stream music at work and Netflix on lunch. I average 6 GB a month so.. That would hurt to pay for on another carrier.

    I do know Jacksonville was in that 100 city list.. If you were to I'd say hold on a little longer because you've already waited this long.. Why leave once they officially said they are building it now?

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    I'm getting 4g in Hollywood, FL!!!!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I can understand the frustration for sure. I just like unlimited data since I stream music at work and Netflix on lunch. I average 6 GB a month so.. That would hurt to pay for on another carrier.

    I do know Jacksonville was in that 100 city list.. If you were to I'd say hold on a little longer because you've already waited this long.. Why leave once they officially said they are building it now?

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Lol. Idk if id truly leave. Just slightly frustrated. I'm sure we will have it soon though. On the list i saw it said Ft Lauderdale/Pompano/West Palm by December. I hope its sooner.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    LTE SW Florida...Ft Myers, Cape Coral, Naples



    Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
  10. #10  
    pre1561's Avatar

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    I'm in St. Augustine, they told me 3 or 4 months. They have a lot to upgrade across the country, I'm not going anywhere. Might as well shoot yourself in the foot if you change carriers, Sprint is the cheapest out of all of them.

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    LTE SW Florida...Ft Myers, Cape Coral, Naples



    Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
    I said Florida and Jacksonville. Don't see Jacksonville.. So yeah... Doesn't fully apply to this thread. Thx though!

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  12. #12  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I said Florida and Jacksonville. Don't see Jacksonville.. So yeah... Doesn't fully apply to this thread. Thx though!

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Jacksonville was in the list of 100 that came out weeks ago.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    Jacksonville was in the list of 100 that came out weeks ago.
    Yes but he linked to another thread (basically saying I shouldn't of made this since that existed) where that lists 22 cities that should have it now. So.. That's my point

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I said Florida and Jacksonville. Don't see Jacksonville.. So yeah... Doesn't fully apply to this thread. Thx though!

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

    I was just showing that all the rest of Florida is getting LTE. Yes, Jacksonville was on the list before...this one here....

    http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm...-coming-months



    Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    I was just showing that all the rest of Florida is getting LTE. Yes, Jacksonville was on the list before...this one here....

    http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm...-coming-months



    Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
    And I said I knew it was on the 100 list. My post asks if anyone has seen the 4g.. Not "do you know if it's coming"

    Either way though I was asking about people seeing it just like people are posting about NY. They know it's coming but are seeing it before so that's all I was posting to see if people are actually looking at their phone and seeing 4g. Your post talks about it being on the way and also says SW Florida so their is nothing wrong with me making a thread about Jacksonville since I'm curious about people around here maybe seeing 4g. So please don't troll my thread because I wanted to ask a question.. I rarely make my own threads as is. Thanks.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    All I can say to you Floridians is be patient. I was in the same boat as you...highly frustrated, very critical, and truly considering leaving Sprint. I was tired of all the promises of THE GREAT VISION NETWORK, and not seeing it. Hell, Chicago was on their list of first activations. However, we have a HUGE number of towers that needed conversion. Well, my patience was finally rewarded and I'm now enjoying the benefits. They're still in the process of turning on many of the towers, especially inward to our downtown area. So not every area of the city is activated yet. However, I gotta tell ya, the Vision Network is GREAT! Even my 3G and wifi is faster and stronger. So, if you can hold out a little longer, you'll be happy you kept Sprint, especially its rates. Keep the faith!
  17. #17  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Coming back to the topic, I commute from Mandarin to the southbank and have projects in the northside so i hope i will be able to tell if it gets turned on even if they only light a few towers. Can those in Jax state what areas you cover? Maybe it will come on at the Town Center but not the beaches.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    Coming back to the topic, I commute from Mandarin to the southbank and have projects in the northside so i hope i will be able to tell if it gets turned on even if they only light a few towers. Can those in Jax state what areas you cover? Maybe it will come on at the Town Center but not the beaches.
    I drive from Mandarin to Bowden Rd and work off university so this will be my main area. I'm normally in the area of Phillips and the avenues on the weekend. So ill keep an eye out .

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  19. #19  
    NachoB's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Arlington to downtown mainly. Still waiting
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    My wife has lte and i have wimax 4g. Her lte hasn't lit up in mandarin, op, downtown, jax bch, or sothside. However, last week my wimax was on fire. I got 15 mbs in mandarin and 72 ms ping. Best ever before was 8 mbs and well over 100 ms ping. That didn't last. Wimax now back to 2-7 mbs. Don't know if they are tinkering with the towers but i hope those speeds come back.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    In JCP and I am on cappy 4G getting 1.5mb b down right now

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by hunterx82 View Post
    In JCP and I am on cappy 4G getting 1.5mb b down right now

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Wait your getting LTE?

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    I am on LTE at work in the saint johns town center area. Speedtest has me at 7 mb down which seems slow but im in a building with thick walls

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    I was just north of St. Augustine a week ago and picked up an LTE signal for a while. But that's AT&T. Sorry

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: Florida / Jacksonville LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by hunterx82 View Post
    In JCP and I am on cappy 4G getting 1.5mb b down right now

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterx82 View Post
    I am on LTE at work in the saint johns town center area. Speedtest has me at 7 mb down which seems slow but im in a building with thick walls

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Judging by the signature, he/her is on AT&T, not Sprint. Support - AT&T Cell Phones SGH-I747 | Samsung Cell Phones
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone in Jacksonville ,Florida have an EVO 4G LTE ?
    By 27scoob in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 04:30 PM
  2. Lte in miami florida?
    By sergio777 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 09:59 AM
  3. Anyone in Jacksonville Florida with a note?
    By linzgeneral in forum Samsung Galaxy Note
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 10:11 AM
  4. 4G in Jacksonville, Florida?
    By 27scoob in forum Sprint
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 02:10 AM
  5. 4G in Jacksonville, Florida?
    By 27scoob in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions