just got bigger sd card

palmpreboss

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
my phone is rooted and was wondering if i put my new sd card in will i need to transfer all my root zips to my phone or will it be all good?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If there not hurting anything, I would leave them there so you know where they are! It's not like you have to feed them or anything.

palmpreboss

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
ok thanks so basically i can put my new sd in and forget the root zips thats on my old sd? jus want to make sure i dont mess up anything

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. The zips are files used to obtain root and not needed again. You might want to put those zips on your NEW sd card though so they are there if you ever need to obtain root again.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
my phone is rooted and was wondering if i put my new sd card in will i need to transfer all my root zips to my phone or will it be all good?

You really have no reason to save the files on your phone you should have odin on your computer and the drivers on your computer. If you ever need to re root the phone just go back to the guide and re download them.

Make sure your new card is formatted in fat32 file system. the 64gb cards come preformatted with exfat file system.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
dont have 64 have 32gb does it still need to b formated to fat32

All sd cards are required to be formatted in fat32 or fat16 to be recognized by any recovery (stock or custom). The reason I mentioned the 64gb sd is because all 64gb cards come preformatted as exfat. The 32gb cards can come formatted either way. So you will still need to check them.