1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Photos/Picasa Web Albums

Under accounts/ Google it gives two options Google photos and picasa web albums. What's the difference between the two?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Google Photos/Picasa Web Albums

the google photos option is for the "instant upload" feature for the Google + app to be able to sync, while the other is for your regular web albums via Picasa...

per google:

Android 4.0 devices have a system setting that allows you to Sync Google Photos.

This setting enables syncing of your Google Photos from your web albums to your device's Gallery app. As a result, if you have a large number of photos in your web albums that have been uploaded through Picasa Web Albums or Google+, you may notice a high amount of battery or data usage during this sync.

This setting also enables or disables sync for Instant Uploads to Google+. However, to enable Instant Upload, you must enable Sync Google Photos as well as enable Instant Upload within the Google+ app.

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

I dont see Google Photos as an option. I am actually disappointed with the stupid Google+ photo crap. I must be stupid but I cannot upload individual photos to the Google+ albums. I can only do the instant upload or upload to a post. I want Picasa back!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    I dont see Google Photos as an option. I am actually disappointed with the stupid Google+ photo crap. I must be stupid but I cannot upload individual photos to the Google+ albums. I can only do the instant upload or upload to a post. I want Picasa back!
    Your Google+ albums should show up in the Gallery app if you have sync enabled. Just copy the photo you want to upload into one of them.

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
    Your Google+ albums should show up in the Gallery app if you have sync enabled. Just copy the photo you want to upload into one of them.
    Thanks. Although its not the easiest since I cant move the desired photos within the Gallery App, its a workaround. I need to start looking for a better photo hosting solution. Google+ is horrid and I cant event figure out how to link to a single photo!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Interested in this as well.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2