Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Beats Audio™ Installer ★ root softbricked my sprint L-710 phone.

I need help please I've been trying to read every forum and follow every procedure trying to figure out how to fix my phone. I downloaded Beats Audio™ Installer ★ root and it rebooted my phone. As the phone turned back on it stays stuck on the SAMSUNG logo screen. I can get to the download screen and I've been using Odin to try to flash a recovery rom, but nothing works. Any help on how to do this would be great thanks! I'm a total newb to rooting phones and this is actually my first time doing so.
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Beats Audio™ Installer ★ root softbricked my sprint L-710 phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Governa2 View Post
    I need help please I've been trying to read every forum and follow every procedure trying to figure out how to fix my phone. I downloaded Beats Audio™ Installer ★ root and it rebooted my phone. As the phone turned back on it stays stuck on the SAMSUNG logo screen. I can get to the download screen and I've been using Odin to try to flash a recovery rom, but nothing works. Any help on how to do this would be great thanks! I'm a total newb to rooting phones and this is actually my first time doing so.
    Let's see how messed up it really is... can you boot into recovery. Volume up, power and home buttons. Hold all 3 and release as soon as you see Samsung. If you hold it a a second to long or release a second to early it won't go into recovery. Timing is everything.

I want to know if you have custom or stock recovery and if you can get to recovery.

Also could you provide me a link to where you got the beats audio installer?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Let's see how messed up it really is... can you boot into recovery. Volume up, power and home buttons. Hold all 3 and release as soon as you see Samsung. If you hold it a a second to long or release a second to early it won't go into recovery. Timing is everything.

I want to know if you have custom or stock recovery and if you can get to recovery.

Also could you provide me a link to where you got the beats audio installer?
    He got it from the Play Store. There is no warning whatsoever about compatible phones or anything. It just says it'll install Beats and that it'll be a noticeable difference. It does have a link to an XDA thread, though. I haven't checked it out.

Exactly why I never downloaded that app, if you look at that apps reviews by device you see that people have had issues with installing that app

I've been looking at that app for a week considering whether or not to try and install it but I decided it was too risky and just played with my roms dsp manager

Hope you can get it fixed, I read in some of the reviews that some people were able to get it fixed

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
    -S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessDissent View Post
    He got it from the Play Store. There is no warning whatsoever about compatible phones or anything. It just says it'll install Beats and that it'll be a noticeable difference. It does have a link to an XDA thread, though. I haven't checked it out.

I've been checking the reviews by device using the review sorter that comes with the play store and most people have had issues with the most updated version of that app on the galaxy s3

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
    -S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

yes I can boot into recovery, I'm not sure what the difference between custom or stock recovery is. Thanks for the response Skunkape60.

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Boot into your custom recovery (Don't make a new Nandroid BU) and you can:
    1) Restore from your latest Nandroid BU - Reboot
    or
    2) Wipe cache and Dalvik cache and Re-flash your current ROM - Reboot

if the problem persists do the same but Wipe data/Factory Reset along with your wiping of the caches.

You should be fine.
    Last edited by mobdad; 10-22-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Governa2 View Post
    yes I can boot into recovery, I'm not sure what the difference between custom or stock recovery is. Thanks for the response Skunkape60.
    CWM or TWRP would be custom recovery's anything else would be stock.
    Try a simple factory reset and you may come out smelling like roses.

same thing happened to me smh

Same thing happened to me with my Optimus elite, if you guys can find a fix please help!
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by xxtoolheadxx View Post
    Same thing happened to me with my Optimus elite, if you guys can find a fix please help!
    Have you tried a factory reset?

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

As long as you guys can get into recovery, you should be able to wipe and restore a nandroid or flash a clean install of a ROM.
    Last edited by mikejwf; 12-10-2012 at 07:20 PM.

If I wipe the cache and reflash my rom will I lose all my apps?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yes you will have to reinstall them from the playstore. Your data for those apps will be gone

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Mcgrath View Post
    If you don't back them up u will

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Mcgrath View Post
    If you wipe cache you will not lose your apps. You will only lose your apps if you wipe data/factory reset.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

reflashing the rom should get rid of the apps as well

- - - Updated - - -

Yes i have, a few times. Still dosent boot up. I could care less if i loose my apps i just need my phone lol

Yes i have, a few times. Still dosent boot up. I could care less if i loose my apps i just need my phone lol
    Have you tried a factory reset?

Thanks! I'll try it tonight!
    Retired Ambassador

If you are rooted, try try flashing one of these in recovery...

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
    2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Reboot

Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Reflashing a rom will not remove your apps unless you do a factory reset data wipe before hand. It's called a dirty flash and your apps and data will remain.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I was thinking Odin, not cwm... You are right of course

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

If you are rooted, try try flashing one of these in recovery...

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
    2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Reboot

My internal will not show up but my external will so i have been trying to find a custm and or Stock Rom to flash with but the only ones i have found for my phone doesn't show up when i go to recovery... this is my first time rooting, but i can clearly see the option to load from sd-card... idk what i can do. I have tried the stock one and a random one for a different optimus. I think with the stock one Winrar couldnt open the zip file. I checked evy option in winrar but no go. Says either unsupported or broken download. Shows up as a zip icon tho

Trying the DeOdex'd one now
    Retired Ambassador

My internal will not show up but my external will so i have been trying to find a custm and or Stock Rom to flash with but the only ones i have found for my phone doesn't show up when i go to recovery... this is my first time rooting, but i can clearly see the option to load from sd-card... idk what i can do. I have tried the stock one and a random one for a different optimus. I think with the stock one Winrar couldnt open the zip file. I checked evy option in winrar but no go. Says either unsupported or broken download. Shows up as a zip icon tho

Trying the DeOdex'd one now
    You are not supposed to unzip them. I also think it's your external sd your not seeing. Pull your external sdcard from your phone and put the zipped rom on your internal sd card and see if you don't find it.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 12-13-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast