Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314
Like Tree86Likes

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default Re: Your way to Update...

Do these options, specifically in Posts 3 & 4, also update the Kernel? Currently I have KT747 and am interested in getting rid of it with the return to stock.

If a separate install of the Kernel is required, what is the latest/recommended and what is the best process (flash before return to Stock, or after. cache wipes & fix permissions, etc).

I currently have Goodness 5.0.1, LJ7, and KT747. I love the ROM, but the am wanting to return to stock (rooted) and then play with some other ROMs...

Thanks in advance for your help.

jay
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #327  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jay28w View Post
    Do these options, specifically in Posts 3 & 4, also update the Kernel? Currently I have KT747 and am interested in getting rid of it with the return to stock.

If a separate install of the Kernel is required, what is the latest/recommended and what is the best process (flash before return to Stock, or after. cache wipes & fix permissions, etc).

I currently have Goodness 5.0.1, LJ7, and KT747. I love the ROM, but the am wanting to return to stock (rooted) and then play with some other ROMs...

Thanks in advance for your help.

jay
    Post 3 has 2 files one is pre rooted and the other unrooted. They include the most current kernel and radio and it will all be installed. These are flashed in odin

Post 4 also includes the most current kernel but if you don't have the LJ7 radio already you will have to flash it separately. This method will be flashed in recovery.
    jay28w likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Thanks Skunkape60 for the assist. #3, prerooted, all went on like a charm.
    Skunkape60 likes this.

Is this just for sprint or can I use it for Verizon too

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #330  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by DubbleSixx View Post

It's a Sprint update... You can't load Sprint updates on a Verizon phone....
    rando991 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DubbleSixx View Post

Never attempt to use something made from one carrier on another carrier of the same model. Sure they are very similar but key components like the radio is different. The most common way to brick a device is flashing/loading the wrong radio onto a device and bingo instant paper weight

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    rando991 likes this.

Ugh! I may already know the answer to my question, but diligence requires I ask anyway.

I inadvertently followed the incorrect link here, downloaded the radio and firmware files for my GS3, and flashed via CWM.
    Unfortunately, I have a T-mobile GS3, and not a Sprint version; which this thread obviously (now) supports.

Long story short, my phone will not boot.
    Vol down + Home + Power does nothing.

Am I just out of a phone?
    Or is there anything that can be done?

Thank you, in advance.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #333  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Kienz View Post
    Ugh! I may already know the answer to my question, but diligence requires I ask anyway.

I inadvertently followed the incorrect link here, downloaded the radio and firmware files for my GS3, and flashed via CWM.
    Unfortunately, I have a T-mobile GS3, and not a Sprint version; which this thread obviously (now) supports.

Long story short, my phone will not boot.
    Vol down + Home + Power does nothing.

Am I just out of a phone?
    Or is there anything that can be done?

Thank you, in advance.
    You can recover your phone using the jtag device if you have access to the correct files. I've never done it and don't the procedures but I can put you in touch with someone who does.

Check you pm's.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    You can recover your phone using the jtag device if you have access to the correct files. I've never done it and don't the procedures but I can put you in touch with someone who does.

Check you pm's.
    Thank you for the swift reply.
    No PM's as of yet. But i will keep my eye out for one.

*EDIT*

PM received. I sent him a PM, explaining my situation. Thank you. *crosses fingers, and hopes for the best*

i used the return to stock in method one but I get signature verification failed

I've tried every which way to get my sim card back installed so I can turn on my mobile network which stop working after I downgraded from jellybean to ics. can any one please help me

Quote Originally Posted by varisnjay View Post
    I've tried every which way to get my sim card back installed so I can turn on my mobile network which stop working after I downgraded from jellybean to ics. can any one please help me
    Quote Originally Posted by varisnjay View Post
    varisnjay, this thread is about updating a SPRINT GS3 from Android 4.0x (ICS) to 4.1 (Jellybean). You'll get a lot more help if you post this information in the right thread.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314