Your way to Update...

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've been running the pre rooted version of this for about two days. And while I love the speed of the jb update I hate the battery life. Coming from a clean sheet flash wiped data cash dalvic and system and I can't get more than 6 hours of battery life before I hit 20% that's borderline unacceptable. That's with light usage and less than 2 hours of screen on time. I was also hoping to see some more of the cool camera features make their way over from the note 2 but I guess I can wait for a rom to give me that.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a link to the ota server yet? Did I miss the unrooted update.zip location. All I am seeing are roms that will root or wipe my phone.

Please read the entire thread... It has been posted several times, there is no update zip. As of this time it does not exist. No one has made one or posted it anywhere I can find. When I find it, or when someone tells me where it is, I will post it in post#2. :p

Eatsleepdrivesc

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting errors when trying to update prl, profile, etc?

I get Error:(Code: 6)Connection Error.

Did I flash something wrong? My cell signal and 3g still works.

bp240

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
This will be the way to manually update your phone if you are:

Rooted or Unrooted - Stock Rom with all needed bloatware and Stock recovery.

Download the following update zip and place it on your external sd. Go to settings/security and make sure unknown sources is unchecked.

Shut off phone. Press volume up, power and home button at the same time. As soon as you see a flash, let go of the buttons. This will put you in stock recovery. Using the volume bar to select and power button to activate, select update from external storage. Choose the file you previously put there. Push your power button. Your update will begin.

And here it is at last....
UPDATE ZIP IS HERE! And yes it works.

I would like to thank mdmitchell13 for continuing to search for this long after I went to bed.

Might be a dumb question because you mentioned it for the other method but will this particular method erase everything as well or will I keep everything such as saved games etc?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Might be a dumb question because you mentioned it for the other method but will this particular method erase everything as well or will I keep everything such as saved games etc?

This is supposed to be the same file that is being ota pushed to your phones. it is only an update and should not effect any of your apps or data.

elemental00

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
i used the zip in the second post, everytime i try to delete a page...touchwiz crashes. also, circle launcher has horrible lag now, unusable horrible lag. and the phone wont charge by usb anymore. great.

Last edited:

radiation0512

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Worked great. Completely stock. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351257471343.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351257471343.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 59

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000