Is Jellybean on your Sprint Galaxy S3 yet?

alexander__ekin

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I try to force quit google frame work service and clear cache and now got jellybean on my sprint s3
FFA1C60A-62C0-4534-A6F0-E8A2D629F759-568-000000476B4C7802.jpg

DrummerCT2

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
When doing this upgrade to JB, does it require reinstalling all/most/some of one's apps, and restoring/re-entering settings? Or does the upgrade take care of that in the process?

DannyDefinit

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
When doing this upgrade to JB, does it require reinstalling all/most/some of one's apps, and restoring/re-entering settings? Or does the upgrade take care of that in the process?

With the OTA update, all my apps & settings remained the same.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2.

Townshed55

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine is FINALLY downloading OTA after ~25 tries to clear Google Framework & restarting. Not sure if this caused the DL or if it just got pushed out to me now but I'm glad it's finally downloading! I live in CT by the way.

DrummerCT2

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
With the OTA update, all my apps & settings remained the same.

That is good to hear! I'd earlier called Samsung support and they were not really clear as to an answer, e.g., saying you might lose some data, might have to reload apps. It was a very hedged answer. I was recommended to use Kies to back up. The only thing is, Kies is a very limited backup solution in my experience. It often hangs and some things it doesn't work with at all on either of my two computers. But, that is another story topic!

I would be curious to hear if anyone has encountered app or settings issues after the update.

sevenpioverthree

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Alright guys I need help, I did the force stop google services framework trick and still haven't gotten jelly bean and now my phone never reaches a green LED when I charge it. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this because it is very frustrating.

breannjohnson68

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hook your phone up to your computer as a media device (check your notification shade, it will give the option to use it as a camera or media device), then just copy and paste the file from your computer to your sd card and follow Skunkapes directions for your particular situation. If you're not rooted and if you're on stock rom, go with the Post 2 method.

I am feeling pretty damned dumb.... I did exactly as directed and followed post #2.... I hit update from external storage after I copied and pasted... after I hit the update from external storage it brought up another menu, so I hit what was already highlighted...the little android did his thing with the spinning tummy. I went to sleep and when I woke up, he was still spinning. What the heck am I doing wrong?

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I live in chicago i have the update i can show you how to manually download it hit me up if you or anyone wants to do this is legit safe and easy no rooting envolved

Yeah I just did the manual download. Took about 20 mintues from start to finish, most of time was used to download the file to my computer. Extremely easy to do, thanks for the offer though :).